1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agh...trying to be honest with myself

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by choirsmash, Feb 4, 2015.

1. choirsmash

I just keep thinking that maybe I'm trying to be gay, idk..that sounds weird. Like sometimes I just think that maybe I think I am because people I know well and am close to are. I'm pretty sure that's not the case, but I can't convince my anxiety haha. Like I know my feelings..and I know they are definitely not straight. I suppose it'll get easier as life goes on and I'm out to more people.. anyone else feel this way?

2. bibiscuit

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yes!

i've felt that too! its normal to question and analyse something so significant in your personal life. but its also normal, or certainly common to agonise over it and overthink it almost to the point where you wonder if you're kidding yourself! (in my opinion).

when i realsied i was bisexual it felt like such a revelation, like i'd unlocked something really important about myself, and i had. and it felt good, like more good than scary.

then over the years i carried on questioning it and actually making myself miserable. i wondered if i avoided men because i had had a damaging/ abusive relationship with my father, which i'd had to return to therapy for, therefore maybe i was scared to be straight? but i knew i was attracted to women so perhaps i was just scared to be gay?

but it was none of these things really. just a question of trusting what i felt and not running away from it. oh, and rejecting the labels that everyone is so keen to put on you these days. x