1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to make a change

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lostluvr, Feb 5, 2015.

1. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well i figure ive been down in the dumps about this girl that its time maybe i clean up a bit..quit drinking (atleast as much as i have been) quit smoking start working out and eating healthy again...my question is does anyone know any good suggestions as to what will help me make this change? ive quit before but being kindof a quiet reserved alittle shy kindof person thats why i love drinking cuz it makes me.feel alittle more out of.my shell and i love bars cuz its so much easier to meet other people..but if i quit obviously i gotta avoid these places..so where can i go meet other girls who are into girls mainly besides a bar? we dont have group meetings here and i dont like the whole online thing..also i cant have caffiene so...cant do that socially either :/ ...any suggestions??

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  3. Wildside

Wildside Guest

finding a support group for what you're dealing with can help. It doesn't have to be a mental health deal. It could be anything from a meetup, to a twelve step program. for now, it sounds like you just want to cut down on the drinking, but maybe eliminate the smoking and find a totally healthier way to eat. it's hard for most of us to do any of these things on our own.

4. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    im eight days clean today booze and cigarettes..my body is not handling it well..ive been in bed all weekend..my stomache hurts i got a head ache i feel dizzy/lightheaded everything hurts i got weird pelvic pain chest pain amongst other embarrasing things..i feel like total shit...i almost bought a 40 earlier just cuz i feel angry at the fact that i want to make a change and my body reacts this way..i couldnt even get out and enjoi myself this weekend just tending to my bullshit ailments..i feel pissed..i feel really really depressed i feel like a wanna cry but the anger wont let me..i feel like i hate life right now..i fukin hate this..if this is how im gonna feel from now on then i want nuthing to do with being sober..atleast while i was getting fuked up i felt perfectly fine and healthy well aside from sum things..ugh..idk..fuk

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)(&&&)
    Just keep at it. Its often a phase like this, then it gets better. It might be toxins released.
    You might drink a lot of water, or tea.(*hug*)

6. AAASAS

You're gonna have to go through withdrawal to kick the habits. It's just your body telling you to put more booze and nicotine in you because it's so used to it.

Be proud you've gone this long, and have fun with being sick, take pictures of yourself looking like crap and send it to your friends. Literally have fun with it, you should be excited all this stuff is happening to you.

7. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    u know what guys i think i have depression..not sure if this is related to the quitting drinking and smoking..im having suicidal thoughts but i honestly dont think id ever do that..its just the thoughts..like wanting so bad to escape everything..i hate myself and my life..i hate being sick like this..ive never been sick like this..and ive quit before..i think sumthings going on internally...i feel like inside in im rotting to hell..that makes me feel sad..like why now :'( ..and i feel like such a little bitch for not being able to handle this..why do i feel so broken inside? why do i feel like my days are numbered and feel all the lost time i threw away drownding..im all torn and mangled now that i drug myself out from the bottom why swim now..i feel like whats the damn point..i try to put on a smile and change the negative emotions to positive ones but i cant help but feel all the bad.. and whats worse is i take it out on others..its not fair and selfish i know..i feel like a piece of shit..if only i had another shot at life..to start over from childhood with knowing what i know now..

8. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    If you are depressed look for help in time...
    look for a counselor...

you could talk to a friend...

or you could call here:
    The Trevor Project
    GLBT National Help Center
    There are people there to listen, help and support...

just keep going, things will get better...
    keep yourself motivated, do some things you like...

and don't put yourself down... we all have some weak moments...
    have a forgiving eye and do the best you can... :kiss:

9. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    thank u jay..**hug**