1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When someone doesn't text you for a while...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stylesgirl, Feb 6, 2015.

1. stylesgirl

When I text someone and they don't text back for a few hours, or a day, or even worse, at all, I start freaking out. I start thinking well this person clearly doesn't like me anymore and they don't want to talk to me and if I send another text they're going to think I'm so needy and clingy.

And then, for the most part, the person will eventually text back and all is calm again.

How does one stop freaking out over something like this? I try to reason with myself that they're probably busy or something but I can't help but to assume the worst. :icon_sad:

2. photoguy93

It's hard not to get mad about it - it still bugs me to this day. If it was someone I was trying to build a friendship with, I usually just delete/block them. That way, I can try and forget about them and move on. I know - really immature, but it works for me.

3. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lol i do this too! and actually i stopped talking to this girl i really liked cuz of it..well not cuz of it but i had text her last and she never text back so i waited and waited and nuthing..been three weeks and a day now..we used to talk all day everyday since the day we met..i have no idea what i did wrong but i guess i figure if she wanted to talk to me she wouldve text a long time ago but truth is she probly doesnt..im not gonna text her and just try to forget her..i deleted her number and pictures and everything..i guess it just hurt me alot that she didnt wanna talk to me anymore..i really believed her when she said shed stick around for me..ohwell...fuk it..it makes sense tho right?? if sumone liked u and wanted to talk to u they would right? i aint gonna be up her ass or beg her to talk to me..like u said, needy or clingy...yea i think the same way...im sure hella people probly do

4. lyjo

Some people always start the conversation and send the last message, I'm like that. So I really don't understand how someone can just read a text and ignore it like "Oh I'll answer that later", but some people are like that. I know from talking with friends that when they don't answer a text or just never send the first text, it doesn't mean anything. Just try to accept that fact, you're obviouslt the kind of person that initiates/ends the conversation (from what I can tell). Don't worry about it too much :slight_smile:

5. Run91

like this point of view!
    i ve never thought about it. I am the one who initiate and end as well....but it s been a while I am trying not to start any conversation with who I know won't answer before days xD

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well it can be something personal. or it can be something else. sometimes texts get lost. sometimes it just ends up in junk, or gets deleted by mistake without even seeing what it is. sometimes people get a lot of emails and just don't answer them all. the only way to know is to talk to the person. don't give up too easily, if you want to have a relationship with the person. if you talk to them, you'll know -- one way or the other. Good luck!

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I do that too. I recently met a guy whom I got along famously with and I thought we would become great friends but now he won't text me back very often or hang out :/

8. chocolate dream

Im just the same.I always get impatient when people dont reply straight away.And then i start to get paranoid! Somebody who ive not been friends with for long even admitted shes not that good at texting! I think just cos i always text back straight away (or at least as soon as ive read it) i expect everybody else to.But everyone is different.
    It depends on the situation as well.They might be busy.

9. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also get all paranoid and crazy when I text someone and they don't text back within at least a couple of minutes. I usually text back immediately when someone texts me, and I feel terrible whenever I've received a text from someone, but only saw it about an hour or two later (didn't hear it coming through). I usually apologize and tell them that I've only just seen their message, and then reply on their message.

10. lilstar04

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    in life there are a millions of things to think about, and waiting for a text, well when it comes it comes. You can worry or be anxious it won't come any earlier. Don't let the text take away your inner peace of being in the moment right now. And stop analyzing things too much, it doesn't help.