1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mid-life crisis in my 20's...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rha, Feb 6, 2015.

1. Rha

Rha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I love the term "midlife crisis" especially since there doesn't seem to be an actual age range for the label, hooray labels right?!

I know I'm new, I'm not even sure I have the right to vent especially after reading so much of what other people on here have gone through (I've been lurking awhile) So forgive me but I feel really down and out lately and don't have anyone to talk to :frowning2:

I'm 24, I live in a large city now but come from a very small very religious farming community, at 14 I decided to "come out" to my mother as being Bisexual, I truly do like both genders equally (I know most people claim that's impossible) anyway, I was (happily) dating a girl at the time, I thought that my parents would be supportive of me but nope, my mother openly mocked me and would drive me to support meetings purely for the sake of having more ammo against me. I rather quickly went along with my mother and said "your right! It was just a phase, I only like boys" so the mocking would stop (I continued to date girls though) about a year after that I met a girl I MADLY liked, I absolutely adored her but she shoved me off on this guy, well "this guy" is someone I'm still with years later, we have a child and we love each other but I feel like it's slightly one sided, I love him but I love women A LOT and it seems like it causes nothing but stress (even though he is also bisexual and encourages me)

We tried an "open relationship" which you would think would work out fine but It didn't because people completely freak out when you say "oh yeah I have a boyfriend but I'd love to date a girl" people would just completely shut down and label me as even more of a freak, or just try to get laid, we put an end to that because it was putting strain between us and we have a child to worry about. Lately I've just felt a great amount of like self hate I guess, he's the only boyfriend I've ever had and I find that I love women too and I just feel super stressed out, I feel like I've taken the easy way out and went "I'll stick with a guy and have a family so I don't have to deal with people" I love him but I always feel like something is missing. I'm just at a loss for what to do, I'm currently a stay at home mom and it seems to have made it worse because I'm stuck with nothing but my thoughts all day long. I'm sure this sounds really stupid compared to other peoples problems but I feel like I'll explode if I don't at least type this out so random internet strangers can pick it apart and possibly give me advice.

2. MisterTinkles

Howdy Rha!

Hmmm. Well, you are in a pickle aren't you?

Nothing wrong with liking someone who likes you back. Although I have to admit Im one of those people who don't believe there is such a thing as "bi". But no worries, Im working that one out for myself.

I do have to say WOW!!!! All that, and at the ripe young age of 24!!!! Geez girl, you gonna burn yourself out if you don't slow down!!!! LOL

I have a friend in Kingston, just on the other side of the Sound from Seattle.
    (Im in Texas by the way). She is a girl on the go, and she is always complaining to me how tired she is. I keep telling her to slow down, but she keeps going and going and going.

She has two teenage kids, and a stay at home hubby who works from home. He's a lazy bum though, never cleans or anything....but he makes hella good money....so she doesnt mind.

She works part time at one of the kids schools, and does charity work and takes classes, and travels, and is always volunteering for stuff.

She is a freeking awesome person! I hardly ever hear from her though.

Anyway, you might think about doing stuff outside the house.....like volunteering, or getting a part time day job, or something like that.

How about a hobby? Get into some hobby, or join a book club, or arts club, or something like that.

How about taking an online college class in something? Maybe get certified for accounting or something like that? Or take a cooking class at the local college or something fun like that?

There's always the library, where you can sit and read or listen to your music.

All sorts of things to do, you just have to get out there and find something you like!

Oh, and by the way.........I had MY "mid life crisis" in my late 20's/early 30's.

#2 MisterTinkles, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. Rha

Rha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks a ton for your advice and understanding, I know I'm in a rather odd situation, I've started exercising and training Parkour again and it's providing a bit of a distraction. I guess I'm just a little stressed because I never had the chance to actually figure out who the fuck I am and now I've painted myself into a corner and it's quite frustrating.

I love your comment about needing to slow down! I know right?! hahaha I was bound to "wreck" at some point and I'm not all that surprised that it happened before 30

4. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i believe its a "quarter life crisis" lol ..ur nowhere near the middle :wink: ...yea that sux i can sympathize ive dated guys just so that i guess i wouldnt have to deal with peoples bullshit comments or whatever..honestly tho yea that would be rough cuz if a girl told me she had a boyfriend id run too..no offense or no means to make u feel worse its just thats how it is most times..unless u find sumone going thru a similar situation..like the previous poster said maybe yea take a class or sumthing..thats probly what ill do as well cuz im TOO lonely with my thoughts lol..and i have bad habits as well..loneliness is a fuked up thing..and so is wanting sumthing that u cant seem to find..hang in there everyone here seems ok so far lol..