1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any other gay Christians??

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kcde3314, Feb 7, 2015.

1. kcde3314

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm a lesbian and live with my partner and our kids... I'm gay and a christian and struggle with it, having doubt's at times that I might go to hell for being gay, as this is how I was raised and taught to believe... Anyone else going through this?

2. iiimee

Hey! I am a Christian myself, though I'm a teenager. I struggle with it, not because I think I'll go to Hell, but because my church seems to think it's a sin, which I never believed it was. If I was a lesbian, it would be more simple for me, but being trans with a male preference... isn't exactly something my church'll like. I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian, so my faith is much more strict then the average, but usually my church is not to judgemental. However, because I refuse to "repent" or "try to fix" my homosexuality, I fear I'd be kicked from the church...

3. Pine

Pine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah I am. I don't know how I feel about it.

4. kcde3314

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well there are scriptues that I struggle with, but I watched a documentary called "For the Bible Tells Me So" and got a lot of insight... Just wanted some input from others on here, thank you!!

5. choirsmash

Yeah, I'm catholic. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I can't change my homosexuality and I don't want to leave my church. They can deal with it.

Live a life that would give the Westboro Baptist Church a reason to picket your funeral.. I love that philosophy haha. I tend to think of this quote often and it helps a little actually

6. CyberScream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    *raises hand* Jesus will save me no matter the sin. If he can save murderers and pedophiles who accept him while in prison, then he can save me for being gay. After all, a birth certificate is proof of sin, no matter how good you are or try to be.

"What does Jesus say about homosexual--- NOTHING!"

7. WallWeed

Yep, I'm a firm believer in Christ and quite gay, and I deeply struggled with it until I started doing more research into what the scriptures actually say about homosexuality in CONTEXT. Go read "Homosexianity" by R.D. Weekly. I've repped this book a hundred times before, but truly, it is a MUST read for any Christian struggling with their sexuality.

8. GhostNeko

*raises hand* The Lord shall save me from sin, for He saves all who seek passage to Heaven, as well as redemption, regardless the gender, and preference... Although I might go to Hell for eating meat. >.>

#8 GhostNeko, Feb 7, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  9. IG88

I'm still going through it. I really liked Matthew Vines's "God and the Gay Christian." It goes through the verses and argues for same sex relationships.

I'm still unsure about where I stand, but I've been praying that God will show me in a big way where I should stand.

10. theskyiseverywhere

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me! I'm a very strong Christian, and my faith means a lot to me. Jesus is my savior :slight_smile:

11. questions1

Yup!
    I'm a pastor's kid, and still am coming to terms with the fact that I am a lesbian.
    If my family found out, I honestly don't know they would do.

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Brothers and sisters in Christ, it is always good to know that we are not alone. I love you and Jesus loves you too. Only God can judge us, not man! That is Biblical. We need to read the Bible in context. I am bi and love God. I have served Him in the church, and I have a relationship with Him. I don't think God would forsake me for who I love.

13. MindvsHeart

MindvsHeart Guest

Yeah, I was brought up Catholic. As many have stated before, it's not for man to proclaim judgement - it's only up to the Homie upstairs so I just pray and leave everything in his hands.

14. HelloSweetie

I'm bisexual and I've always been Christian, but seeing since I have been able to accept my sexuality I've been struggling with my faith. :dry:

15. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. I´m not a fundamentalist in faith, but christianity keeps me going as well as my homosexual identity. I have a wonderful life as a christian gay man. And for your information not all gay men are sex crazy maniacs. Some can be very conservative and nice...like me.

#15 JerryX, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  16. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a gay Christian in a long term relationship and I don't see any conflict between my faith and my sexuality. Much as I respect the Bible, I don't place it on a pedestal or elevate it to a false position of idolatary, where the word becomes our only way of connecting with God. Nor do I read the Bible literally like the latest bestseller at the bookstore. If that's the standard of Biblical literacy I'm being asked to accept then my response is "no thanks". Sadly, that is precisely the standard that some churches and pastors set - it's ignorant, stupid and totally devalues and undermines the role of scripture in the Christian tradition.

If you read the Bible very carefully and take time to examine the heritage, context and original language, as well as the literal and allegorical meaning it's really quite revealing. You will see the supposedly condemnatory passages from Genesis, Leviticus, Romans, 1 Corinthians and 1 Timothy in a very different way; a way that is much broader and far more sympathetic.

Even so, we need to ask ourselves, as Christians, if the ancient books of the Bible really are supreme above any personal relationship we may have with God. If we are more fixated with the word than we are with developing our own, personal relationship with God, we are really missing the point, don't you think?

As a starting point, take a look at this:
    http://www.lgcm.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/LGCM-homosexualitychristianity.pdf

#16 PatrickUK, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  17. JerryX

JerryX Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

My mother tongue ain´t English, so I cannot go so deep with my responses as you Patrick, so I thank you. Always a pleasure reading your comments :kiss:

-Jerry

18. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I struggled through this too, and what I came to is that if it were really a big issue, Jesus would have said something about it. Instead, he talked about hypocrisy (I've certainly been guilty of that, being in the closet) and the lack of charity (homophobia anyone?). He said love your neighbor as yourself. He said, as I have loved you, love one another so that they will know you are my disciples.

19. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I LOVE THIS THREAD VERY MUCH.

During my childhood, I was aggressively by my family and relatives told that being gay is a sin and i will burn in hell for being one. So during those dark times, I always pray to God to make me straight so I can be normal and go to heaven. I really did my best to be straight. But I guess you cant remove things that is tattooed in your DNA. And I thinks He has a reason for that.

20. Wildside

Wildside Guest

wow, I did a LOT of that. and praying to saints for a miracle. but I figured out what you figured out, and am now grateful to God for having made me the way I am, in his great wisdom.