1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

She hasn't texted me back...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stylesgirl, Feb 8, 2015.

1. stylesgirl

So I met this girl through a dating app and we hit it off right away. We've been chatting for a few weeks and I usually have to start the conversation which I'm not used to doing but I don't mind because I think I could really like her. She asked if I wanted to be FB friends a few days ago and so we added each other. We haven't really had a conversation since then. I texted her the other day and she did reply but then didn't reply after I replied. Then I sent her another text that night and she replied in the afternoon the next day but again didn't reply after I replied back. Now today I sent "hey" and she didn't reply at all....

I can't stop thinking about it. Like I keep checking my phone and getting disappointed. I think like maybe she's busy or something? Maybe she's at work? Maybe she's out with friends? But I mean it's been hours and I've received nothing.

Should I be taking this as a hint that she doesn't want to talk to me anymore? Or do you think I'm just being paranoid? It really sucks because she's really cool and I thought everything was going well so I don't know why she wouldn't want to talk to me... :icon_sad:

2. Ixaxilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like she "ghosted" on ya.
    It's pretty common with how it's so easy to just disappear on someone with our main connection being technology.

I'm sorry, that kind of thing really sucks.

3. TraceElement

I have a few suggestions/opinions. If someone texts me "hey", it makes it seem like they just want something. If they text and say "hey, what's up?", to me it means they want to chat. With all the technology like cell phones and facebook, it's "expected" that you respond soon, usually within a few minutes or an hour or so. When I was little, we had land lines. One number (two if you were lucky!) for the house. Just remember that it may seem like forever, but in the grand scheme of things, she probably got busy and can't get back to you.

4. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry, but it seems she isn't interested. I'm almost 100% sure. If someone likes you enough, they will make time for you. If I were you, I'd message her and tell her "I can take a hint. Sorry things didn't work out." And end it at that. Or just leave it alone for good. A lot of people are too afraid to reject people (I'm one of them) and she's probably hoping she can avoid you long enough until you get the picture. I'm guessing you were only interesting enough until she found someone else. It happens. Forget about her. You seem like a cool person who deserves something meaningful.

5. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Anthemic. It doesn't sound like she's interested in pursuing anything with you. This quote has helped me figure out a lot of things, from friendships to relationships. Simply replace the male pronouns with female pronouns.

I'm sorry that things didn't work out for you. You deserve someone who will appreciate you and value your time together, even if it's just through text.

That said, maybe she isn't a "texter". Not everyone likes talking via text. So that's also a possibility.

6. stylesgirl

Thank you all for replying. She still hasn't texted me back so I've definitely got the hint now. You're right VelvetBlade, if someone wants to be in my life then they'll be there and I shouldn't have to fight for it. :slight_smile: