1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Shy

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I feel like I'm a little too shy to be in a relationship with someone. I feel like maybe I should be single because guys that are very shy are going to rarely get in a relationship with anyone really. It's probably best for the whole world if I am single as well, well I think I'll never have a boyfriend for as long as I live at home because my parents will be like you need to get out and date women. So I would say until maybe 5 more years of being alone and living with my parents. It's kind of taking it's toll on my body because every time I think about how happy I'll be with a boyfriend, my parents rear their ugly heads and start saying stuff that makes me feel incompetent at deciding things for myself, they force me into stuff. They keep saying they don't and every time I keep telling them they just say "We've never done that." They keep doing it and it's making me feel like they don't love me. I just want to be a little more extroverted as well so any tips for a fairly shy guy to become less shy.

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

how about just telling them about your orientation? that will put what they are doing into a starker contrast. then they will understand why you find it so unwelcome. good luck!

3. blue6

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think it is important to follow your heart and give action to your feelings. I am very shy too, but it is great to get out of your comfort zone sometimes

4. Justinian20

I've told them, they just said no you cannot be gay. So I'm not going to bother trying to explain it to them because they won't understand.

5. Wildside

Wildside Guest

well, you're absolutely right about that. Once you've come out to them, there's nothing you can do about willful ignorance. but you can just go about living your life as you choose, and if they want to keep denying it as you live out openly, that's their problem. but it is always sad when parents don't support their children, especially when they have been courageous and trusting enough to come out to them.