1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curious girl going to a gay bar alone

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by blue6, Feb 10, 2015.

1. blue6

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    heya

I live abroad in Spain and am considerinf travelling to Madrid for a weeknd by myself, do some sightseeing, art galleries...

But i also know the lgbt scene in madrid is really stromg and part of me wants to go to a gay bar to sort of experience the scene more

For about a year my feelings towards girls has increased and im questioning if im bisexual or a lesbian...

Would this be a good idea? I dunno if it would be awkward, and my spanish ismt great

But it could be a good experience? And i am in a new country so nothing to lose right?

2. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would strongly advise against going to a bar alone, considering you are going to a place that you do not know, interacting with people who speak a language that you do not fully understand. At the very least, exercise extreme caution! That being said, I do think that it is good to experience new things.

3. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I concur what Rikudou said. Be cautious.

I think that it may be a liberating experience for you. I would definitely enjoy being in an environment where I'm almost certain that people are at least potentially interested in me.

4. Drew55

I need to add my concurrence as well. Sadly, they are a lot of not nice people out there. The bigger cities in Europe especially in the Mediterranean countries, there is an industry of human trafficking. Single women are targets at most any nightlife activity. Exercise extreme caution!!

5. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would tend to agree with the other post.
    Normally I am adventurous and would do something like this in the good ole USA.
    But i tend to agree going to a foreign land and language barriers maybe all these risk are a little much. Unless you can find a gal over there willing to show you around that would different.