1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do You End A Friendship?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I've been friends with a girl called Nicole for almost 7 years now, and frankly I've had enough. She is a hypocrite, a liar, and is too lazy to get to know someone before hurling insults at them. She's also ridulously childish. She has a habit of calling all the girls in our school promiscuous sluts, even though she has had sex with a boy herself and half the girls she insults she doesn't even know. She lied about having Autism which makes me sick to my stomach, since I have two brothers with Autism and it is not something to joke about. She thinks it's perfectly fine to antagonise others, but when the tables are turned, she can't take it. She has a habit of insulting people who WANT to help her, throwing temper tantrums when she doesn't get her own way, and storming off when she knows she's wrong. Also, as soon she got back with a boyfriend she doesn't even know if she cares about after having an argument with him for the unteenth time, she completely forgot she had a friend called Myles who wanted to be there for her, and doesn't even have the decency to greet her "friend" every so often. Today is the straw that broke the camel's back. She blamed someone for her depression when all she did was ask someone a question, and told a group of girls that she barely knows that they would be pregnant in a year. I never thought I'd see the day I'd have to cut her loose, and if I could talk to her about her behavour I would. But I've done this 3 times before and she's thrown a tantrum everytime. I've had enough. Her actions might not directly affect me, but I can't be friends with someone who's so...negative. How do I tell her I want nothing to with her?

2. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Ah, I know the feeling.
    just tell her what you think, then say "I can't be friends with someone like that" or something.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Friendship is a choice. Tell her she needs to see a professional counselor ASAP and then stop talking to her. You're not her therapist. Every person who is rude and a jerk does it from their own pain and suffering, which they choose to deal with by creating even more pain and suffering for others. You can't change them. They have to change themselves.

The best option is to cut off all contact and tell her the reasons. Hang out with friends who make you comfortable and not ashamed to be yourself.

4. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to make an announcement, to her or anybody. You can just simply increase the distance between you two. When she calls, don't answer. When she texts, don't respond (or respond much later, in a perfunctory manner). When she approaches you at school or elsewhere, be civil, but quickly find a reason to leave.

Lex