1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motivation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by sam the man, Feb 11, 2015.

1. sam the man

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm sure this kind of thing has been asked before multiple times, but it's nicer to ask directly in a way. How do you guys keep up motivation to work, or exercise- generally anything relating to self-improvement?

I find it's not that I never have motivation, just that I can't control it as such. It comes in waves- for example, at the end of last month I read ahead by two weeks for my uni course, read history books outside of my course, started running again etc. This week however I've slumped. Days are going by without any work and I've missed a few classes thanks to oversleeping on them (I have a pretty crappy sleeping pattern currently- might be a factor). I don't feel the energy to do it, nor the ambition really to get myself to start doing it. And that makes things worse because feeling bad about one thing has a tendency to spread and make me feel unsure about a number of things about myself. Some weeks I'm really stuck in, other weeks I barely turn up.

This is probably a very natural thing, to have these ups and downs, but what are some ways that help you to iron out the ups and downs and just keep on truckin' with regards to being productive?

2. Wildside

Wildside Guest

find an accountability partner. you can both keep each other motivated and accountable!

3. Rikudou

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Food supplements to account for the lack of vitamins and minerals in your body that cause a chemical disbalance due to their deficiency, as a result of poor eating habits. Setting a goal to strive towards also helps.