1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flirting with girls

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by indiqo, Feb 12, 2015.

1. indiqo

what are your favourite ways to flirt with someone you like?

please note: I'm so awful at this so I will be stealing everything. by replying you give me full permission hahaa. thankyou. :icon_redf

2. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm just super friendly and make them laugh! :grin:

Though, in my opinion, it really depends on the person. It also depends if you want to pursue something with them.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
  4. indiqo

:3 thankyou

oh and I mean if you like someone a lot. it's so difficult not to come across as just friendly. but also difficult to avoid seeming creepy >.<

thankyou, you're always so helpful :grin:

I am so so bad at it. I try hard but I end up retreating into myself, doing something embarrassing like falling over, not being able to talk or drawing on everything and tearing things into tiny pieces:icon_redf

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You're welcome (*hug*)

This happens if you are too concentrated on others.

- don't see it too personal. Usually people are busy with something else after a short time...

-relax, try to get comfortable within yourself. You have legitimate needs and emotions. Express them, talk with others about it. Its legitimate and completely ok.

-take one or two deep breaths, and try to relax. See it like a game... where you can have fun and say what you need.

-this feeling of embarassment comes from wanting to fulfill others expectations.
    Don't overdo it. Just be yourself, and say what you'd like, or want...

it can be more fun for the other part that way, too... they have someone they can relate to, and maybe find something new they have not thought of...

hugs

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get to know her. Ask her what she likes to do for fun, what kind of music she likes, etc. Then research the things she likes and tell her about what you think of those things. Taking the effort into checking out what someone else likes is very flattering to that person. It makes them feel important. And then they will keep wanting that attention from you. Try to make her laugh and be sure to relax. She's not going to kill you! And if you get clumsy with words, laugh at yourself. Be like, "Oh god, sorry, I get like this when I talk to awesome people/pretty girls." Or if that's too much say, "Well gosh, I thought I knew English." LOL! She might find it endearing! ;D (*hug*)

One thing I noticed that my past crushes/girlfriends liked about me, is that I'm clumsy. They thought it was cute, especially when I tried to save face or laugh at myself, haha. >_<

#6 Anthemic, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  7. Lyana

I have a few ideas...

- Be out to her, and her to you. 'cause if she's straight, no matter what you do, she won't notice it's flirting.
    - Ask questions about her: what she's doing tonight, what she thinks about whatever song is playing at the moment, etc.
    - Smile at her.
    - Eye contact. Make it for a few seconds, smile, then look away. Yup. Eye contact sizzles.
    - Make her laugh. Who doesn't love someone who makes them laugh? It's easy, too. You don't have to be constantly making jokes. If you're a little awkward, you only need to be able to laugh at yourself.
    - If she looks like she's feeling down, do something extra nice, ask her if she's okay or wants to talk. If she looks particularly happy one day, tease her about it and ask her why. Basically, show you're paying attention.
    - Touch. If her cat scratched up her neck, reach out and brush your fingers lightly and briefly against the marks and ask how she got them. If she's wearing a new necklace... same thing. If she's done something to her hair... same thing. And if she doesn't pull back, next time you can linger a little longer.
    - Teasing, mocking her a little.
    - Tell her she's sexy when she laughs, or that you find her bored face amusing, or anything about her that you like.

Hope this helps someone.

8. Ixaxilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I came here looking for flirting advice as well and these are great. Thanks! (*hug*)

9. NewKid87

I know like boys, but I've pretended to be straight most of my life, so I have some experience in flirting with girls, and I think these tips can apply to girls as well as boys anyway.

- This was mentioned above but it bears repeating: get her to laugh. In my experience, that's the best way to someone's heart. Making her laugh builds rapport and will put her at ease. Getting her comfortable will make her receptive to compliments, and she'll be less likely to think you're a creeper.

- Don't approach her like she's someone you're trying to impress. (That'll usually backfire, at least for me :lol:slight_smile: Instead, approach her as if she's someone you already know very well. The goal is to get her to feel comfortable with you, and one neat trick to doing that is acting as if you two already have a rapport. Talk to her and joke around as if she were your best friend. Be sensitive to her mood, and do all the things Lyana notes above.

- Compliment her appearance. You want to make sure she understands that you're not just being friendly - you're flirting! I realize there's a fine line between sexy flirting and sounding like a creeper. Don't overdo it, but you do want to drop compliments in periodically during your conversations. I wish there were a formula I could give you, but with practice it will become easier and you will get better at it.

- Be confident. That means being comfortable in your own skin. If you're nervous and awkward (which is totally normal, I feel that way pretty much all the time), twist that to your advantage. Poke fun at yourself, call out the fact that you're stuttering or tripping over yourself or whatever ("Wow, I'm really struggling with the English today." Or "That was graceful - totally meant to do that!"). Make her laugh. Having a sense of humor about yourself will show her that you're comfortable being who you are. And who doesn't find that attractive?

Hope this helps! Steal away and go have fun :icon_bigg

10. indiqo

I generally don't care about what people think of me, I'm such a naturally awkward person all of the time but when I like someone I become conscious of it.

thankyou this was all amazing advice, you are always so helpful and kind(*hug*)

clumsiness in others is cute in my eyes also :'D

ikr it's so difficult to figure out if you are being creepy or too subtle. for me it is probably too subtle but I'm very bad at social stuff so who knows.

we do have a super close friendship and we are forever giggling together and making fun of each other/ourselves but sometimes I become almost frozen. so dumb.

this is so informative, thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to me!

I have noticed she is being very angry the last couple of weeks and maybe I should be asking her if she's feeling down. but being a stupid overly-sensitive idiot I feel like I did something so I just disappeared into myself I guess.

the main thing I want to do is try and find out her orientation without asking too directly. the last thing I would want to happen is for her to feel uncomfortable. I feel it's so disrespectful in the reverse if a guy does those things, in the knowledge I'm not into guys. I don't want to be that person.

someone just as confused as me >.<

thankyou so much, your post was super informative :grin:. but what is steal?

I agree a lot of things can apply to both females and males. but when you read stuff, it will say females flirt differently than males. I think it's in the most part nonsense.

I think the main thing I can take from this and I think others too, is to try and be less awkward, but it's so difficult. the thought about making fun of those awkward things may actually help me personally a lot. especially since we are already close friends, there is really no reason to feel so awkward when I'm around her.

thankyou everyone. (&&&)