1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to ask someone out...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

So I've decided I want to ask my crush out and today I went to ask him in person. Long story short: I over-thought it and froze right outside his house then went for a long walk to clear my mind. It started raining heavily so I went home and lost my opportunity :/ I'm determined to ask him tomorrow but I need to ask; How do you ask someone out? Do you do it in person or just message them online? Thank you for replying or for any advice :kiss:

2. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    Hmm.... do you know weather they concider themselves straight? It depends a whole lot on how comfortable they would be being asked out by a guy.

3. Rainbows~Exist

I know he's straight... but he's a very nice and accepting guy. I just feel like I need to do it; to prove to myself that I am brave and to try and move on in life. If he says no and rejects me then that's fine, I won't have to crush on him anymore. If he says yes then it could lead to a friendship which would be awesome for me. It's highly unlikely that he'll say yes and turn out to be bi/gay but it's still a slight possibility...

Any way it turns out will be a positive situation so I just need to know how to ask him out; what to say, where? e.t.c.

4. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    :thumbsup: Man, I'm all for it. I would never be that brave, but who knows. Your risk can be the greatest news if he does accept you. Imagine that.
    Give us the update :icon_wink

5. FancyGummy

MA, UNITED STATES, FURTHER DETAILS UNKNOWN
    There isn't any one way to ask someone out... I'd try complimenting him and see how he reacts first

6. chocolate dream

Ive only ever asked someone out once and that was by text! Not the best way really,but it was either that or ring her which wasnt ideal at the time.It was brave of me to even ask in the first place so i was quite pleased with myself.

7. gamerguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Have you already asked him out?

8. poetofdarkness

I've only ever asked someone out once and it was in person. It was also really scary. But I think it will mean more if you do it in person.

9. Rainbows~Exist

I did it sort of... I made a new thread about it

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2015 at 10:07 PM ----------

I did it sort of... I made a new thread about it...

10. AAASAS

I've only done it online, and honestly have never asked anyone out, I just sorta let people ask me out if they are deaf and blind :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't see anything wrong with a text message though.