1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Need Hair Advice!

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by SaharaMoose, Feb 16, 2015.

1. SaharaMoose

Okay, thanks in advance to those who help me. No one wanted to help me on reddit, so I'll just get help from you guys ^.^

So to the point, my hair is a mess. I've had the same "hair style" for years now, and I really want a change. However, whenever I try something new, it never works out for me. I'm a really self conscious person, and now that I've noticed that my hair is terrible, I've been always nervous about it. I usually get my cuts at home, and they are always just making the hair shorter, and nothing else. Heck, I don't even like short hair, or hair that's to the shoulders long. I would consider my hair fine and thin.

Alrighty, so here's how my hair looks like (sorry for potato quality):
    Front: http://i.imgur.com/JkGhsB4.jpg
    Sides: http://i.imgur.com/CLTBgew.jpg and http://i.imgur.com/AAFNxbA.png

I would prefer hairstyles such as: http://i.imgur.com/mVoNanh.jpg, or http://i.imgur.com/gVdxzHr.jpg

If someone could please suggest me hairstyles (pictures would be nice so I can show a barber), hair products needed to achieve the style and the length of hair needed. I will grow out my hair, and start doing things differently if it means achieving the hairstyle you suggested. Thanks so much!!!

2. Rainbows~Exist

Well the good thing is that you already have straight hair so the styles you want to achieve are accessible. If you want a look like this for instance:
    gVdxzHr.jpg

You're going to have to keep the sides considerably shorter whilst growing out the hair on top of your head. Make sure you shampoo and condition your hair every other day or so to get the shine and softness you need. As for hair products... DON'T use hair gel. This is for shorter hair only and will not do you any favors if you want to achieve this look. I suggest using a hair putty (Matt Clay/VO5 e.t.c.) and applying it throughout your hair to give it more texture and hold. If you want to show waves or define patterns in your hair then use a comb rather than a brush. Hope this helped and good luck! :grin:

My hairs naturally curly but with enough effort and technique I get my hair to kinda look like this:
    download.jpg

3. pinkpanther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Have you ever had longer hair? If not, then try to grow it a bit longer, and in the meantime play with some simple hairstyles. You might find one that fits your personality the most. Just don't ruin your hair. :slight_smile:

When you get fed up trying new hairstyles just go to the hairdresser and ask them to help you pick one for you. My guess is that by then you will have a preferred hairstyle.

If you hairdresser like you he or she will even tell you what products to use, how often, etc. It might be a bit more expensive than a home haircut, but usually it's worth it.

p.s. the second one looks really nice.

4. Twinky

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I like to use some soft modeling gel to make my hair similar to the ones you want, It seems you are just bombarding your hair with product also .-. no offense though! It also helps if your hair is moist and messy before you start playing with it, not to mention for the desired hair you want you need quite a bit more hair .-..
    Good luck though.
    P.S. Your hair is cute already X3

5. robclem21

I actually like your hair the way it is. I don't think you really need to change anything. I like guys with really short hair.

6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    it looks like u already sortA have that hairstyle its just not long enough but really i shouldnt be answering since i can realy give a shit about hair haha..but ur hair looks good anyway..just grow it out alittle

7. lgbtqenjolras

8. SaharaMoose

Hey, thanks for first reply! :slight_smile: Yeah I guess I do need to grow out my hair a bit. How far up should the sides be cut do you think?

I used to have long hair when I was a kid, but there was no kind of styling to it. Also, whenever I do try to to make a hairstyle, my hair just flops back to its "natural" position... -_-

My hair.... cute? OH LORD NO! I hate it xD I actually use very little product. The picture was just me with wet hair since I got out of the shower ^.^

Even if I did like my hair, it's time for a change... I've been through so much crap with that hairstyle, it's like I'm carrying the past with me :lol:

Hey, any advice is good advice! Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of doing.. growing it out :slight_smile:

Oh gosh noooo, I hate, and I mean it, I hate long hair... .-.

9. Yosia

10. SaharaMoose

Okay, well I'll begin the process of growing my hair out.. and will post updates ^.^

11. Zombi3

Yeh, just grow it out fir a few weeks and you will get tjat length to style it to that pic. Slap some coconut oil and massage your head everyday, your hair will be more vibrant and might grow faster