1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Senior Trip vacation Swimwear

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bryaninau, Feb 16, 2015.

1. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello lovely folks,
    Ok so I need some help with a small problem. So I am going with my university graduating class on a senior trip to Disney and have no idea what swim wear I should get and bring with me. In the past I have had those typical board shorts the ones everyone wears but I find them to be so uncomfortable and they irritate my parts down there. I then tried a speedo jammer which i really liked except for the part where there was a lot of pressure around my legs, where the suit ended. I now need a new suit as nothing fits me anymore, I have always like the brief/speedo look but don't currently have a great body for them. Would eventually want the speedo, so was also thinking about the square trunk that fits smaller but still am afraid of what others will think.

Am i putting too much thought into this? Should I even care what others think of me? My main friends are going with are all girls even though I am rooming in another room with all guys, don't care about me being gay and love me. What should I do concerning the swim suit. Please help.

2. HornPF

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're bold: go for a pair of swim briefs. Have a nice pattern (ie. Not plain black)

If you want to wear swim shorts or boardshorts, you can wear a pair of swim briefs under them for comfort. Then, you have the option of stripping out of your shorts, revealing just a swim brief.

For wearing for long periods, you should try on a pair of swim briefs in a shop. Some allow you to, such as a Speedo store. They should be comfortable, non restricting. No need to downsize as you're not racing/ fitness.

Hope this helps.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I dislike wearing standard men's trunks, and I suspect that I'd despise board shorts. But the bad news is that for certain settings, that is the expected standard in the US... I suspect--but only suspect--that might be the case for your proposed trip.

I sometimes swim for exercise during a local pool's recreation time, and at those times I wear a Tyr suit that has more coverage than Speedo-style briefs, but considerably smaller than normal trunks. I think it might be the same as or similar to the one at this link.

Men's 8" Nylon Team Trainer Swimsuit - Swimwear - Mens | TYR

I am not wild about it, but it works well enough, and, to date, as far as I can tell, has not upset any recreation patrons. But no guarantees that that would be the case everywhere.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2015 at 06:44 AM ----------

Might be worth considering. One reason I hate trunks is the lining, but if one is wearing something under the trunks, the lining might not be so objectionable.

Yes, this is a good idea. Comfort is a major consideration for me.

---------- Post added 16th Feb 2015 at 06:49 AM ----------

Of course, one could also just change the trip destination. A nudist camp would eliminate all worries about swim suit styles. :lol:

4. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the Disney referenced is Disney World, there are a couple of those very close. I know there's one in Kissimmee. (I worked in that area for about a month. No, I never visited that specific location)

5. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it's Disney world in Orlando Florida, and BMC77 Thanks for the link it's really about comfort for me too. I like to be comfortable and not wear a lot when I am outside especially being in a swimsuit. The link you posted was the exact style I was thinking for public areas so I will get a few. I think I hit the point where I don't care what people think need to be who I am.

BMC77

6. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What state/country are you from? It may seem off topic, but different people look at swimwear in different ways.

7. confuzzled82

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is another good point. When I was working down there, I was staying at a hotel that primarily had guests from Europe, and so most guys at that hotel wore speedos in the pool and hot tub.

8. bryaninau

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am from MA, USA