1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Confused

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Feb 17, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

One of my support workers was talking to me today and she brought up that my Dad said he doesn't accept my sexuality, but he's trying to understand it? I would happily answer these questions if he would just ask. My Support Worker said that he doesn't have to accept it, and that it's not the same as saying " I don't love you because of this." My counsellor has said I should let him believe what he wants about my sexuality, and so far, no-one's pushed the subject. She also said that my Mum lets my Dad get away with some things because he is a krutch to her and because of how difficult it is to look after my two autistic brothers, and blamed me for what happened a year ago because she was terrified of losong him. She also said that my Dad is a very proud man which is why she gets so degensive when things are said about his heritage. What confuses me is that he said he didn't want to understand ny orientation and that he would kill me if I brought it up again at the time. I suppose I should be a little grateful regarding this change of heart, but he's still not getting it, which is fine.

2. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think it must be very hard to live comfortably with the fact that your father doesn't accept your sexuality; I hope your mother can be be more understanding and supportive. The fact is your father is probably very ignorant about gay sexuality and also frightened because he doesn't understand. All of this turns to anger. Of course, none of that helps you. I hope you have adults in your life that can accept you for who you are. Whatever happened 1 year ago, it's definitely not your fault.