1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to deal with awkward situations?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Rainbows~Exist, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

In a couple of days or so or maybe sometime next week my crush and I are meeting up so I can explain my feelings towards him... he already knows how I feel and is a bit confused about the whole situation so I offered to talk to him about it in person and he gratefully accepted. However, I know for a fact this is going to be extremely awkward for the both of us. I just wanted to ask for advice on how to deal with these types of situations? What to say and what not to say and vice versa. Thank you guys :slight_smile:

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd suggest to see it with some humour, and try to find a but funny side... not necessarily forced, but with some ease...

maybe you can remember an episode... saying something like: remember when .... and bring up a point...

3. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Just be honest and authentic. Be clear about what you want out of this discussion. No matter what you do, accept that it will be awkward. Talking about feelings usually is a little awkward. You will get those butterflies, the constant doubting and second guessing.

Figure out what you want to say now, and practice saying it. Think of questions or comments he may bring up and practice answers. I always just visualize what I want to say, and such. Helps me at least remember something I want to say.

If you really think its going to be hard for you to talk, write it down on note cards or something. This is important to you, so you want to make sure you have your say.

I haven't kept up with your story, mr shifty face. Is your crush, bi, gay, curious? Already a friend?

4. tulipinacup

I agree, I think the awkwardness will always be there and you just have to accept that and learn to shrug it off and move on by coming up with a different topic or something else to talk about once the awkwardness comes.

5. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

If something is important enough, you just have to throw caution and butterflies out the window and just march through that awkwardness.