1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making myself throw up.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mattx, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Mattx

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I honestly never thought I would see myself sticking two fingers down my throat to look good. Now I know what you're thinking just exercise eat right etc. I'm not fat. I realize that but I'm not comfortable with my body at all. I've tried working out eating right and didn't even notice a difference. So my plan and goal is to not throw up but instead have nothing to throwup. I'm not going to eat. I have found myself uncontrollably eating snacks when im not even hungry.... this morning I woke up hoping to not eat much and be happy. I ate cereal for breakfast then watched a movie, continued on with my day then bam! Ate 2 chocolates hating myself I ran to the mirror looked at my stomach then made myself puke. Not much not as much as I wanted too. This is the second day this has happened and I feel great.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Um...this behaviour is very concerning. Have you considered that this may be a problem that is worth having someone look into?

This is a body image problem that needs to be taken seriously, your health is on the line, are you able to get help?

3. BiBiBaybee

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yikes! This is interfering with your life; a very good sign that it's time to talk to someone like your doctor, school counselor, parent, etc.

Really, don't mess around with this, and seek some guidance.

It's an eating disorder, and it will likely lead to other problems if not corrected now.

4. Notlad

This is a problem. Seek help before it gets more serious than it already is.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You may feel great but this practice is well known as an eating disorder, and given time it will wreck you.

Cutting out or replacing absent-minded snacks is one thing, but throwing up to deal with food regret is not how you should handle yourself. I'm sure anyone who cares about you would prefer to see you fix your body image problem without harming yourself like this. :frowning2:

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

this is a really serious problem. it is a behavior that can actually become quite addictive, and you get to feel like nothing is enough. the body image worries actually get worse. this is something to talk to your doctor or a counselor about right away. this can be fatal. you might not think that you would let it get that far, but people who have died of it just didn't see how bad it was getting. please get help with this! it's a big deal, too big to deal with on your own. (&&&)

7. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Get help. I was bulimic for a couple months, and even though it's been YEARS since I last purged, I still have to fight the urge all the time.

8. I am Kakashi

As a concerned person who also has an eating disorder, please PLEASE talk to someone. Even if you are not ready to go therapy, please tell someone that you trust what is going on. If there is anything we can do to help, let us know.