1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being bisexual in a locker room

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lucky516, Feb 20, 2015.

1. lucky516

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am going to high school next year and I am wondering what it is like to be in a locker room with other guys. Will it be awkward or will i enjoy it? i hate gym class to begin with but that's just cause i am not athletic.

2. Ryu

Ryu

I think that's a little ironic looking at your little mac avatar...
    Anyway! I hate PE/'Gym' as well, and I suck at it (I'm like a 3.8 and most other people are about 1 and a half full grade above) and... Pfft... Unless there's anyone really good looking, which nobody is in my class, or school for that matter, it's nothing to worry (?) about. I guess I also have to repress any feelings I could have because... Well... I'm not exactly athletic and 94% (remaing 6% are the 6% that are lgbt+, all closeted (to my knowlege)) of people I know are homophobic so yeah...

Excuse use of bracets... Please...

3. SaharaMoose

You'll be fine. It might be awkward for the first few classes.. but in my experience, I just got used to it. I also hate gym class, and I have some pretty attractive guys in my P.E class... however, for some reason I don't get "excited" about them, I just "meh" at them xD

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just kept to myself and enjoyed the occasional sneaked peek. Honestly you are so limited on time to get your business done in there, you probably won't have a lot of time for awkwardness or entertainment.

5. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There will be some sightings you might not forget. Controlling any arousal, especially with a low threshold (like mine) was something that worried me. That comes with time. I either skipped showering or did it very quickly. Now, there's no way I'll leave a gym sweaty and smelly.

What you might see is that there are some show-offs. here was definitely one show-off in my 9th grade gym class, and it was in the locker room and not on the field. I think you can figure out what I'm saying. I sometimes wonder what became of him.

Just being in the locker room shouldn't even be an issue ... I don't think. Looking for too long might be an issue, so I wouldn't recommend it, even if you like what you see.

6. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was a kid and my class was getting changed swimming - I was always accused of staring at the other girls. I was mortified but that was when I was younger.
    You will be fine :grin: Just don't let your eyes linger for too long :wink: and get things done quickly so you can be out of that situation as soon as possible.

7. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Awesome Little Mac avatar! He's my favorite SB character.

Gym sucks, but being in a locker room shouldn't be too bad. Maybe you'll enjoy it, and in that case controlling an erection could become a challenge. For me, I just act like most other guys do; Get in get, get out and don't dilly-dally. I'm not attracted to straight guys very often, and I almost never go to the pool or anything so it's never been an issue for me. If you have to, just don't look around much.

8. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I read that to get rid of an unwanted erection you need to flex any muscle for one minute. Wonder if that really works. :icon_wink

9. I'm_Danni_x

Yeah you'll be fine, just keep your head up and shake off the bullies. Good luck.

10. Abdadhie

I'm assuming locker rooms are different in the USA because here in Australia there's not a lot going on if you get my drift :wink: No one showers or gets changed (other then shirt) so its a totally neutral thing for me. Out of interest what goes on in American locker rooms that could be so much to worry about?

11. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

change into gym shorts and t-shirt...
    perform stupid gym stuff and get all sweaty...
    shower trying not to be embarrassed by your developing body and attractions...
    change back into regular clothes...

Even though we all have the same equipment it can be very stressful if you don't have a lot of self-confidence.

Don't be ashamed of your body. You are who you are, and that's the were you are right now. Especially in high school, lot of teasing. Some of it is good natured, but it can get cruel.

12. thesecretcat

Just act normal and relax, the more tense you are, the worse the experience will be. It's not that bad, the teachers/coaches will be rushing you so much (yelling through the door and what not) that you probably won't have time to worry about other stuff. :wink: you'll be fine :wink: good luck for high school

13. MeganMarie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Relax always keep your head up and never look down.
    Look people in the eyes.

Not exactly the same but kinda sorta is; I am a male to female crossdresser, straight and I always use the ladies restroom when I am out and about dressed. I practice the same advice, i keep eye contact and Do what I have to do and move on.

14. Rainbows~Exist

I personally don't mind it :slight_smile: I was worried when I first came out as I thought that the guys would give me a hard time for being gay whilst changing with them but so far no one has said anything nor cares. Oh and I get to have a good look at some hotties in their underwear... and jealous my girl-friends by talking about it :lol:

15. Celatus

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Oh god I hate locker rooms. I always end of feeling like shit about my screwed up twisted twig body. Other than feeling terribly inadequate, locker rooms were a fairly awkward and annoying affair.

16. blackhatguy

Same story here, fortunately. Just don't stare too much.

17. Notlad

Unfortunately for me it's not difficult considering there's nothing to look at.

But there was a time when there was. I was nervous too. You have to show some restraint.. but. Every now and then you can get in a good look.