1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Loving someone from a distance

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by GlindaRose, Feb 21, 2015.

1. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I apologise for another thread...I suppose this is more of a vent really.

There's a girl and I love her so, so much. But she lives far away, and sometimes it feels like the world is trying to keep us apart. The last time I saw her was in October. Tonight she texted me and said she'd be able to come in late March. Almost 5 months since the last time.

The thing is, I feel so happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I'll finally see her again. Sad because it means I'll have to wait yet longer. You see, I was supposed to see her in December but that got taken away by her work. And then, she said February, but again that hasn't happened. So it has been pushed back a few times. And it's not her fault, but her work's fault.

We email each other frequently but sometimes she can't because of work. In her text tonight she said she was working this weekend (hence no email in almost a week) meaning she was able to get the entire weekend in March to come down to where I am. I appreciate her so much for it and I wish I could tell her how much it means to me, but my feelings are scaring me recently, and I'm so afraid of what might happen if she caught on to the fact that I love her in that way. But at the same time when she does these things the first thing that enters my mind is 'I love you.' And then I feel sad and alone because I'm too afraid to tell her.

In short, I love her way too much and I don't know what to do. :frowning2: I've never felt like this about anyone before.

2. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)
    Are there ways to connect via skype, for example ?
    You could see each other via skype once a week, for example...

3. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, I guess it's a possibility? The thing is, the written word is so precious to us. We both write each other long emails and hand written letters. I fear that something like Skype would ruin that. The written word lasts forever and I can read her words again and again.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Well you could tell her... you could talk with her about it...

#4 jay777, Feb 21, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2015