1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do i deal with my mother?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by I'm_Danni_x, Feb 21, 2015.

1. I'm_Danni_x

I need some advice. She's one of them parents that will not let me come out because she feels it's not necessary to tell everyone about my gender/sexuality even though its really getting to me. She blamed me when I got bullied as I was out as lesbian and she said that I was digging my own grave. This was when self harm, low self esteem etc began. So she took me to CAMHS which offered counselling every two weeks and the woman I saw was amazing and accepting helping me deal with my problems. Yesterday I told her I was watching the fosters:
    Me: So mum I'm watching this program called the fosters.
    Mum: Ah so it's where the man and woman foster kids?
    Me: Yeah..but it's a different type of couple.
    Mum: Like a gay couple?
    Me: Yeah it is, a lesbian couple they are the main characters
    Mum: (a bit akward and disgusted) Do they do stuff?
    Me: Yeah but the straight people do it more
    Mum: I don't think it's appropriate for you to be watching, puts stuff like that in your head.

I was just hurt I was suffocated, the fosters and modern family is a form of escapism for me as I'm not allowed to come out and plus I'm out to her as lesbian. She's banned me from watching them. I just went upstairs and cried. I had flash backs when she said she'll never accept my girlfriend and if I'm trans* she'll never let me transition while I'm in her house. But she said that she'll accept me no matter what, but what type of acceptance is this? :bang: :help:
    We where watching and Indian channel where transgender&intersex people where being mistreated and forced into drugs etc and I burst out crying. I was surprised that they where trying to stop the oppression against hijra's (intersex) people which made me really happy. Especially in a country where homosexuality is strongly opposed.

2. itsmary

Please don't feel bad.
    It's hard for some people to understand us, it takes time. Your mom loves you, maybe she just needs a little space to accept things. Just surround yourself with people that truly understands you and be who you are. Maybe in a couple years you and your mom will see things way different.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian