1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I tell her?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hopeful, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Hopeful

I'm 22. I'm female, and I've dated a guy. However, I'm bisexual. I recently started volunteering at an ambulance department (I'm an EMT) and there's this girl I really like. I recently found out she's a lesbian, and it's made me like her even more.

I want to tell her I like her, but I don't know how... For one thing, she's 27. Will she really want to date a 22 year old? And also, she's unaware I like girls as well as guys. She does know I've had a boyfriend.

What would you do? Just tell her? First somehow find a way to say I like girls? I just don't know what to do! I keep to myself a lot and am better at listening than being the topic of discussion.

The other fun little tidbit is that nobody knows I like girls. I've never really been asked, so I've never said. I just keep to myself and though I wouldn't mind people knowing - I'm not one to go volunteering personal information. Not even my family knows.

2. Really

I don't think 22 is too young for 27 but that's for her to say but you're both adults with adult jobs, so...
    Do you ever have a chance just to sit and chat with her away from other people? You could ask if she's with anybody and depending on how she answers, decide how you want to proceed. You could maybe mention that you'd like to meet a girl, pause, and then say, "someone like you, actually." With the intonation to suggest it just occurred to you that she's nice. Maybe have a few adjectives ready. Smart, fit, funny and maybe something you know she's proud of.
    Just a thought. Good luck. Updates welcomed. :slight_smile:

3. itsmary

Well the thing seems a lot easier if she's lesbian. It may sound a bit childish but maybe you can tell her that you like a girl and need advice.

4. Hopeful

I told her! Well, it's kind of a long story... Basically, she's really good friends with an EMT at our department and they were talking about me. I guess she wondered if I were bi or a lesbian and he didn't think so. He thought I was completely straight. So he took her phone and texted me asking if I was a lesbian (as though it were her). I kind of figured that's what had happened, but here was my opportunity! I said I was bi. Then we just got talking and a LOT has happened in the last week. I can't believe it!

I've seen her a few times since that night we started texting, but it wasn't until last night that we took things beyond a friendship. It was a lot of fun and exciting! I really wasn't very nervous - a little, but nothing like I expected. I am so thrilled and I'm excited to see where this goes. :slight_smile: Even if it's nothing more than a sort of fun thing and not a big serious relationship, I'm good with that.

5. Really

Well done, congrats!