1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Annoying

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Justinian20, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I do not know what to say to a guy who is fustrating me asking about girlfriends and that stuff I think he may be flirting as he compliments me on my body which I like but then he goes on about women. How do I insinuate I am not interested in women without coming out.

2. robdwin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well I don't think there's a way of you saying "I don't like women" without coming out. Just tell him you're not interested in a relationship right now, I want to focus on other things. That'll usually drop the topic when I my friends start talking about girls.

3. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ive been there before

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'll break it down for you:

Option A: You come out.

Pro: You come out. They know.
    Con: You come out. They know.

Option B: You lie.

Pro: You don't come out.
    Con: You lied. Depending on how sensitive they are to such things, they may take offense.

Option C: You ask them not to include you in their curiosities.

Pro: If they respect you, this should eliminate the problem.
    Con: They're going to want to know why, you said this instead of a more revealing answer.

You don't want to come out, so we can move Option A off the table. This leaves Options B and C.

Option B is the easiest to do, if you keep it simple. Toss them something along the lines of "I'm too busy with ___", and fill in the blank with 'school', 'work', 'life', 'stress', 'family', whatever. Just something, and they should accept that. Bonus points if it is partially true, because then you've moved from a general lie to a white lie, while still a lie, makes one feel a little better.

Option C would get them off your back, at least about the interest in girls. This would be replaced with a potentially nagging curiosity as to why you said this, as opposed to something more solid; like a "I'm gay" or "I'm too busy to...". You'd be winning one battle only to have to fight a second one.

There is the dreaded Option D here, but that could leave hurt feelings. Option D is to just tell them to fuck off, quit asking, and if they want to be around you, to stop annoying you with such talks. I shouldn't have to explain the pros and cons here.

You may not be able to stop him from talking about women, but you can at least let it be known you don't want to talk about it as it pertains to you.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could it be that he suspects you are gay? Sometimes, people try to engineer conversations that will prompt us to come out if they have suspicions.

Do you know if he is gay?

If he compliments you in one sentence and then talks about women in the next sentence, I'm wondering if he is trying to tease information out of you.

Kaiser has already outlined the options, so I can't add anything there.

#5 PatrickUK, Feb 25, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2015
  6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is very common, he might be one of those... It's also a way of pressing you.

I wouldn't talk to him anymore, he sounds as insensitive as a brick, and probably he is an asshole too (both qualities tend to come together). The less fools you've got around, the better.

To get rid of him you could just bore him to death, until he gives up and goes away. Or ignore his calls, make up excuses, etc...

7. Justinian20

He is actually a random shopper who I've only talked to twice. I was posting this to find out why someone would do what he was doing

8. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

Maybe he likes you...

9. BlueVelvet

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    He might have a crush on you

10. Justinian20

I thought he may have liked me cause it's strange to call someone fit and then go on about women. I'm a bit too shy though.

11. AAASAS

I wouldnt take a body compliment seriously. I get told often, especially since I started working out, nice arms....etc. One guy at my old work used to obsess over my veins on my arms, so it really means nothing.