1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

purpose of life without love

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jaymmm, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I suppress my romantic and sexual feelings as long as i remember=my whole life. I dunno if im straight or bi- doesnt matter. I expect living rest of my life on my own - i dont ask about that.

My question is- what is purpose of life without love? Is there something another so strong that makes life worth living and meaningful?

I personally have never ever thought so...

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You suppress romantic and sexual feelings? Why?

But without love for another, it is possible to love life itself. There's a lot of stuff around to see and make your mark on. :wink:

3. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are many different kinds of love. There is compassion for other people, love of oneself, platonic love, and many other kinds besides sexual and romantic love.

There are also many different ways of sharing what you hold dear with others besides romance or sex. A creative craft for example. Many of the great discoveries in science spring from a devotion to discovery that might be considered love, changing the way we live every day. There is so much more. The possibilities in life are meaningful and vast even if you never share it with someone romantically.

4. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ive always bee pretty much on my own enjoying my own company actually being annoyed by others etc..but after.i came out and realized i was lesbian i have an incredibly high wanting to find a girl and start a relationship..im not really that social as it.is unless im doing bad things but i think thats why i want a girl..i could feel complete And have it be just the two of us..i burn love all the time..laying here wishing i had sumone to talk to and ahare ideas with as well as physical love with..i want to feel complete and not like im missing sumthing..u kno? i mean if this feeling would subside or just plain out go away i would be sooooooo much happier in life..i keep myself good company but lately i cant after having this desire just want anothers company..i feel depressed all day every day cuz i feel like.im never gonna find sumbody..idk..good thing skool and work are keeping me busy for now

5. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    alwaysforever: great point- just to trigger other kinds of love and passion for doing something and enjoying life, i wish it was easier to do it

lostluvr: if that feeling of missing someone/something faded away for long time i´d be happiest person ever

6. HunGuy

HunGuy Guest

My motivating force is development. I want to develop, advance myself in every possible way, and if I couldn't get any love, all of my energies would go into this personal "evolution".

7. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    it works but only for several months...

8. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    well in that case ur totally not alone..id be the happiest person ever too lol..i dont know what it is aboht the human species that requires or even longs for this attatchment or uhh....interconnectedness maybe..with other humans...there are plenty of species that do not seek this affection from others but they are always in a community with others of the same species or we witness what appears like depression among these animals it seems..i notice sumtimes too that cows (i live in the country but i also witness this with other animals) seem to show affection to eachother by licking eachother..cats do this too..others as well..i find it strange however that we humAns unlike animal species still seek this affection even tho we are concious beings and are aware of the emotions and have the ability to control them..would that suggest that this is a part of the human species that cannot and will not ever evolve? meaning there will never be such thing as these feelings of wanting to be with sumone so bad will never go away..and if it did imagine how much different the world would be for the worse i guess..if nobody cared about others becuz/and only they cared about themselves...i would imagine that there would be more violence and crime.......wow where did this come from..lol..neway it sux that we feel this way for DAMN sure but i guess when u put urself into a giant scheme plan of the world we too are a part of its being a uhhh....not nessessarily happy..but non violent and gets along kindof thing...a community..becuz we feel this..maybe sumday well find that other person who completes us but in the meantime atleast we are able to be sympathetic to others around us atleast for me it does becuz this feeling makes me that way..i figure if im a happy positive looking person maybe ill attract sumbody..but to be fair sum people are just crabby all day everyday to everyone lol i guess its all in who we choose to deal with it..(&&&)(*hug*) ps i think im feeling positive cuz im 6days sober off booze today and three days off of cigarettes haha..(!)

9. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You might be addicted to relationships for some reason.

10. Jellal

A big part of meaning in life for me is creating stuff and enjoying things in the heat of the moment, because there's a very real chance that everything you do will be forgotten, so it's not about making things last forever. Just get it while it's good, y'know? Hey, if romance happens to be one of those desires, then chase that dream too. Enjoy it while it lasts.

11. anonym

anonym Guest

I'm seeking a similar answer. I have always been a loner. I knew I was different to others at around the age of 9 or 10 and it was a horrible feeling knowing that. Now I know why - I'm trans and I'm sure I'm autistic.

Relationships, families and all that stuff were never my aim growing up. I wanted something different - academic success. But when I got further up the scale to degree level, I realized that I wasn't anything special and that achievement of graduating from college was hollow and meaningless. So I have a BA? So what? It means nothing when you can't even hold a job that high up the professional ladder because you lack the social skills and emotional intelligence most people have.

Nowadays I'm searching for something else, something more fulfilling. I'm pretty sure it isn't love because I consider myself aromantic. Then what? Honestly, I don't know but I get what you mean about life seeming purposeless without love because that is what our parents, families, and society tell us is the key to happiness. But maybe they're wrong for some of us. It sounds like you do want a relationship though?

12. Jaymmm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all

i´ve never had one so there´s no solid base from which it´d stem :lol: