1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trapped in a bad situation

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ctrl alt delete, Mar 2, 2015.

1. ctrl alt delete

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yo,

So I just thought I'd vent here a bit. I'm back living with my parents while I try to get my life back on track after some set backs. They're both very nice people and are usually supportive but they both have some pretty serious issues themselves. Plus they are unhappily married and have been for most of my life.

They're not really talking at the moment and neither of them is working. So they are both at home all the time and every time they have an emotional crisis they keep coming to me for support or to help them sort it out. Its becoming really draining having to look after these two other people all the time, especially since I feel I have no choice in the matter. Moving out isn't really an option right now as much as I'd like to unfortunately and I'm doing a lot of commuting.

I went to the doctor today because I've been feeling really weak lately and he told me the problem seems to be psychological. I really think its because of my bad living situation. I feel like exploding at my parents all the time for all the ways they keep trying to control my life and get into my head.

Usually I'd be able to cope better, especially since I've been dealing with my parents marriage problems since I was a teenager. But recently I've started dealing with some pretty traumatic stuff that happened to me when I was a child through counselling. And its just like I have this huge emotional burden of that all the time as well.

I'm not really looking for any answers, I just wanted to vent a little. Its really hard to see my way through this right now and I could just use some support I think. Its difficult to see friends because I'm living out in the styx and both my siblings have moved away so I can't really talk to them either :/

so yeah. (!)

2. CrazyAwkward

I'm sorry you're in such a tough situation. I can sympathize with having to deal with your parents marriage problems. Before mine split they often dumped stuff on me and it was not fun. Is there a way you can talk to your parents? They're adults. They should be able to deal with their own problems rather than dumping them on you when you have your own stuff to deal with. If they aren't getting counseling themselves already, maybe you could suggest it? That's just a thought.

If you ever need to talk or vent about anything you can post on my wall if you'd like. I don't mind listening.

3. Feline

Feline Guest

You don't just get used to pain, it starts accumulating if you don't deal with whatever is hurting you. You can get used to any situation, but that doesn't rally make it any better in the long run, it drains you... or, at least, that's how it's been for me.

I know, we need friends more than we need answers. And sometimes by being with others that care for us, the answer just come by themselves, in their own time.

Right now I'm in a similar situation (regarding physical weakness derived from psychological depletion)... in my case I feel I have the answers (at least, in theory), but I'm trying to not let go, I'm trying to find the strength and motivation to actually make them happen. But enough about me. I hope you find a way to solve things. and I'm here should you need someone to talk to.

I think things will start falling to their place with time, and I hope you feel better soon.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    (*hug*)

Would it be a help if you would connect to your siblings via skype from time to time ?

You might suggest your parents go to support groups, and to counseling...

5. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I can TOTALLY relate to the parents problem, as I grew up in a home that was a war zone at times and right now my parents aren't talking either (again..) and neither of them are working or have any money at all and they sit at home all day. And even though I am in another country right now, this is basically ruining my days right now. I feel like I am taken back to my childhood and all the drama...

I can relate to the weakness as well, I have the same problem, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be so exhausted and lying in bed all day doing nothing and avoiding everything if I didn't have stress and worries on my mind all the time.

hang in there honey.