1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

should i make a move

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by lostluvr, Mar 2, 2015.

1. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok so.theres this girl at my work whos hella cute but idk if shes into girls..she does smile at me and we talk alittle sumtimes..really im pretty shy..my question is i guess should i hit on her? like i mean even getting as.close as being friends places in at a point where i can no longer not have feelings for her but right now its like i think a very small crush that can go either way..i pretty much just tell myself shes straight, married, and has kids so that i can feel like theres no chance at all..the thing is i really love this job and its the best job im ever going to have so i dont want to comprimise that by trying to hit on her to be denied and then feel awkward around her and my job..but i do like her and she seems really kool sweet and nice..

2. shota

shota Guest

You have to really thank before you do this I mean I lost lot's of guy friends because they were all straight and dam show good looking but aye if you do end up going thru with it I mean this could be a new start of a relationship that is if she like's you or she may not mind I say go for it

3. CrazyAwkward

Her being a coworker does complicate things, unfortunately. Do you know if there are any rules against employees being involved with each other in that way? Also, if she gets uncomfortable enough she might bring it to your boss which could cause problems. So, if there are no rules against you being involved with her, maybe getting a better idea about what her feelings toward women (and you) are would be a good thing to do first.

4. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    ok on my lunch break me her and this other girl were talking and she says she works weekends so i askwd her if it suked and she said cuz she gets.to take her son to skool and spend more.time with him..so she does have a kid :/ which i dont care but shes probly still with the dad..

5. CrazyAwkward

It's probably best you find this out now before you really invest your feelings in her. You could always ask about her kid and her family to see if she is still with the father. But I still advise caution when pursuing someone in the workplace. I'd hate for something to go wrong and have it damage your job if she's not even interested in women.

6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    lol so true..yea i think right now its just a small small crush..but i only see her on mondays..yea i guess its best i dont get too close cuz of work and stuff..its hard cuz if i was to make her a friend to get close enough to ask questions my feelings grow and i dont want that..thats why i have no girl friends lol..i dont kno why this is..like i cant seem to seperate friendly emotions from love emotions..dont know what that means or says about me..lol ohwell

7. CrazyAwkward

I don't feel romantic attachment quite that easily for people so I can't say I know what you're going through. But I think, maybe, you have these feelings so easily because you really want someone to love. That's not a bad thing. But, the next time you start feeling this way for a girl you start becoming friends with, maybe it would help to ask this question: do you really have feelings for her or are you just searching for a way to fill that void? I've had to ask myself something similar a couple times. Like, do I really like this person in that way, or am just lonely and wanting someone in my life? If you can answer that question honestly it might make it easier for you to sort out platonic and romantic feeling, which could lead to friendships you've closed yourself off to.