1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girl crush

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Juli, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Juli

I have a thing for a girl I'm pretty sure is straight. The situation is a bit complicated because I can't talk to her in person (she's on a foreign exchange trip, and won't be back till the Fall). I wish I knew how to gauge the possibility of this working out. She always used to be very physical, touching my hair and arms, definitely a hugger. She would always compliment my butt and waist, but I know some people are just like that, it's not necessarily flirting. There was a situation where somebody sent her a ton of flowers on Valentine's Day, but she refused to tell anyone who it was, leading me to believe that she had something to hide. My optimist side joyfully proclaimed that she must be gay, but then rationality jumped in and squashed that idea. So, anyway, what do you guys think? How should I approach the situation? Should I do anything but ask, and maybe flirt back?

2. shota

shota Guest

ask her if you really liked her you would

3. sweetfemme90

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can definitely see why you are thinking she may also be into you as much as you are into her. If this were me, I would try to find a way to mention something about Lgbt issues (eg. something in the news). This would generate a discussion hopefully and may reveal her attitudes about the subject and it may open the possibility of her stating her identity (keyword being MAY)....then I would take it from there as far as telling someone how I feel.

4. Juli

That's actually really good advice! I'm a bit awkward, but it wouldn't be that difficult to strike up that sort of a conversation, because we're already friends.