1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Coming to terms..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sepina, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I am coming to terms with who I am.. I keep telling myself that I'm gay but I don't wanna not like girls altogether. I can't confidently say "I'm gay" without thinking 'no' but I cant say I'm bi either. Why do I suddenly feel like this.

2. Juli

Could you see yourself with a woman? If you're completely repulsed by the idea of hetero sex/relationships, maybe it's just a no-go, and you'll have to come to terms with it. Maybe you're at a stage where your sexuality can't be defined in conventional terms. You are what you are, and whatever it is, it's fine. :icon_bigg

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you still have a few issues to overcome with self acceptance. I don't think you are far off, so maybe you just need to give yourself a bit of time and space to work through the remaining points.

Have you actually dated any guys yet? Sometimes we need to act on what we know for sure (in other words, act on the attraction you feel towards other guys) and see if helps the pieces of the jigsaw fall into place. It may sound over simplistic, but often that's all it takes. Once you have embraced the possibility of a relationship and intimacy with another guy it may resolve those lingering issues and give you a more definitive answer about your sexual orientation.

Have a look at the stages of acceptance under the EC resources tab as it may help you to evaluate where you are on your coming out journey.

4. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Evitermoi, as you may know, I identified as bisexual at first too. However, I realised that I'm glad that my boyfriend is a guy. I'm happier with the fact that he's a guy, it makes more sense in my mind to be with a guy than to be with a girl (moreover, I'm don't really like vaginas for that matter).

You say you can't confidently say that you're gay, but do you have any idea why? Is it, because you feel you are not like other gay people? Or has that nothing to do with it?

Because I know that that was the case for me. I'm not attracted by guys in everyday life (except my boyfriend), I'm honestly not (I'm not attracted by girls either). So I couldn't and can't relate to people talking about attractive guys. It's not me. However, I am gay, I really am. =) It might be something like that for you too, you can't completely identify with other gay people.

However, it might be that it's just scary and new. Give it some time, and I think you'll see what fits better.

(*hug*)

5. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you guys for your advice.. I have ever dated a guy before. I'm too scared to.

6. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your orientation is not something that completely defines you. It's just a part of yourself. A person is more than a label. I guess you know that.

However, if you're sure you don't feel attraction to women, you should accept that part of yourself. It's not easy at first and it takes a lot of time for some people.

Finally, as other people has said, whatever you are is fine. (*hug*)