1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What makes you feel better when you're sick?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andrew99, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have a bad head cold and head ache and my legs are aching and my throat hurts. I've taken 6 advils today. Drank tons of water and Gatorade took 2 naps but I still feel like shit. What helps you feel better when you're sick?

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hot showers and masturbation.

Those, aside from some of the things you've already mentioned. I also find, being in a slightly colder room, which makes my covers feel good and not sweat-inducing, is nice as well.

I also enjoy drinking cold liquids, to comfort my throat, when it is sore.

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Gatorade is my miracle worker. It's the only thing that makes me feel better when I'm sick.

4. kyfry

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr.

I admit im a complete wimp when Im sick which is usually a sinus infection. For me I pop cough drops like tic tacs. Dayquil and Nyquil, vicks vapo rub and lots of tissues are by my side constantly. I usually just sit in a hot, hot shower for about and hour which is soothing for a bit. Other than that Im wrapped in my hoodie, laying in bed napping.

5. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm never sick. :icon_cool

But when I was younger and it did happen, sleep and painkillers were the best cures. It's also nice to just snuggle up in bed and watch a movie while eating ice cream (if you have a sore throat). In your case, I guess you may have to wait it out while continuing to take care of yourself the way you've done so far. I hope you get better soon.

6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    believe it or not working out or just sweating like crazy then lots of water and real juice taking those six advils aint gonna help u cuz ur body is working harder to metabolize all that shit than it is to fight what ur fighting..

7. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I feel like I'm getting a cold, a bowl of pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) with a crapton of red chili paste dumped in it clears me right out.

8. TraceElement

A bowl of ramen with American cheese in it, hot herbal tea and lemon water. Also taking it easy at work and a warm shower.

9. Juli

A shit ton of hot tea, preferably mint, and a thick book, preferably horror/sci-fi. And Dayquil, lots of Dayquil.

10. NewKid87

I just got over a really bad cold. I drank lots of tea and took menthol cough drops for my throat, which was really sore. And I took nyquil to help me sleep. Spicy food was good for short-term relief from congestion.

To speed up your recovery: Sleep as much as you can, don't exert yourself, and stay warm.

11. MisterTinkles

Silence. And being left alone!!!

Lots and LOTS of Alka Seltzer Cold Plus, at least three times a day.

Having my ambient music on, and a dark room.

As far as food goes...........
    Soup, pizza, toast, cheeze and crackers

12. anonym

anonym Guest

If it feels like I have a cold coming on in my nose or throat, I use vic's first defense. It usually works for me and makes colds go quicker.

13. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sleep and lots of warm drinks.
    A bit of alcohol. Some german medicines include it, and it can actually make you feel a bit better. Alcohol is not only a stuff to get drunk, it has also some medicinal qualities.

Just don't abuse it! :wink:

Don't move from your sofa unless you have to go to the bathroom or something.
    Lots of rest. The body is repairing itself, so you need to spare all your energy in order to increase the speed of the process.

Get well soon.

14. TheJackC

15. SpaceJayce

Warm soup, some orange juice, and some well needed rest. I find that even if you feel sick/nauseous and you don't feel like eating, soup/OJ will usually be the best thing for you. Also, try lettuce or bread when you're feeling nauseous and it'll help curb the vomitting feeling. Works for me.

Feel better soon!

16. June Cleaver

Real NyQuil which can only be bought from the pharmacist these days since it has Psudophedrine which is used in the production of Methamphetamine. NyQuil out on the shelf is not the real stuff that works wonders. No prescription is needed, just a valid ID and it sells for around $7.00 a bottle at Wall-greens. As far as food goes I have found Borscht soup works wonders for sick people. Use the version where cabbage is added to the pot shortly before serving. If vomiting is happening eat buttered toast covered in sugar while sipping hot tea with sugar until stomach is settled. No herbal tea or citrus, just plain like Lipton's plain tea. For nausea two tablespoons of simple sugar syrup will take it away nearly instantly. You can buy simple sugar in any liquor store or at Wall-Mart where the Margarita mix is and it is a clear thick liquid with the bottle marked "Simple Sugar". When Simple sugar hits your stomach acid it turns to fructose which is the key ingredient to anti-nausea medicine at 5X the price of simple sugar. After partly raising two children and a couple husbands I found these old housewives tricks work great! I had to laugh at the masturbation and alcohol comments because all those years being the wife to a N Florida Redneck he would always say "I need beer to mouth, and mouth to D--k therapy" as I fed him soup or tea and sugar-toast while he complained his way was better! LOL! I hope you feel better soon! June

17. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm kinda sick right now, and I really like just relaxing... whether just lying in bed, chilling on EC, playing on my phone, or writing something.