1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should i do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sebulba, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My grandmother has just informed me of a very close church friend of hers that wants to go do something with me.

my grandmother, him and my self all went to eat one day, and so i know for a fact he is very religious. i remember that much of the conversation they had was mostly religion related to some degree or another.

i am very uncomfortable about religion and is not something i enjoy nor believe. this issue is exaggerated further by the fact that am a closeted gay.

my grandmother is also very religious and feels rather strongly that i should accept this offer. however i a extremely uncomfortable about much of this.

What should i do?

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Fake sickness ?

3. JooBooGoo

If you don't feel like just confronting her and saying you really don't want to go, you can; fake illness, say you're busy, etc.
    Bottom line your grandmother or her friendcan't force their religous beliefs on you, and you have the right to tell her (if your feeling bold) that you just really do not want to go.

4. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I'd be interested in what this person wants to go do? If it's not something you are interested in, there ya go, perfect polite way of bowing out. Maybe it's just to go bowling. Maybe he needs someone to come out to...

I'm a curious person these days, so I'd just go for it. I'm on anti-anxiety medicine, so it's easier for me to overcome that pit in my stomach.

5. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    my grandmother said it was to get something to eat

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

How old is this guy?

You never know what someone else is thinking. If heavy religious talk irritates you, you can speak up and say something, like, let's not talk about it.

7. Sebulba

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hes in his 20s, married, and like my grandmother, follows the teachings and practices of the salvation army. a group that has been in trouble before for the way they believe on certain subjects.

i want nothing to do with these discriminating hooligans or their practices.

8. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Well, then just politely say, "No thanks. Don't think I'd have anything in common with him."