1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Farewell EC

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Mar 5, 2015.

1. ZenMusic

I've been getting advice from people here for a relatively long time and... I don't believe in myself enough to sort some of these problems out inindependently. I think it's time I do that. I have a year left at home and I know enough about my parents to be able to deal with them. Also, coming to a forum can't always be my first reaction to things. Thanks to all the people who have given their counsel over the past year, but it's time for me to stand on my own two feet.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sometimes it's useful to be able to bounce your thoughts, feelings and ideas off other people Zen and I think you have done that more than ask for advice. Why deprive yourself of such an outlet?

Ultimately, it's your choice, but I would pause for thought and remember that EC is a good place to remain connected to like minded people - be it for advice and support or social contact and chit chat. Have a think about it.

3. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hopefully one day you'll come back.
    Maybe one of us might need your advice. Maybe one kind word or a hug from you could make someone feel better.

Come back when you feel like you want to share something with us. Hopefully I'll be around...

4. ZenMusic

But I'm not giving myself enough credit to solve some of these problems for myself like I know I can. But I suppose you're right about bouncing ideas off of people.

5. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    look at it this way, we're still here if you need us.

best of luck
    cheers

6. Wildside

Wildside Guest

just remember that you can come back at any time. best not to delete your account, but you can always create a new one when you need to. but I have to share that admitting that we can't do it alone is sometimes the most courageous thing a person can ever do. stand on your own two feet, but remember that we all stand together. If it weren't for the actions of so many other people, from the people at Stonewall to the people fighting for marriage equality today, I wouldn't be standing on my own two feet today coming out to more and more people. We stand on our own two feet, but we must remember that we are standing on the shoulders of giants.
    :goodluck:

7. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No matter how much advice we get, from Forums or folks in the real world, in the end we do still have to stand on our own two feet anyway. Coming here won't change that, even having a counsellor (as I have) doesn't change that. Talking about and sharing things that concern us is a natural human activity. It's always been this way, even going bcak to our ancient days of just sitting around a campfire. While you are free to do as you please, leave ec or not, I would like to just put this to you, that even still coming here sometimes, if you wanted to, would in no way mean you are not 'standing on your own two feet'. Actually we have to stand on our own two feet in any case, whether we like it or not. No amount of talking with others or personal support can live our lives for us. But, farewell and I wish you well, remember you could always rejoin too, if you found you wanted to, at a later stage. :slight_smile:

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My problems are not ones that can normally be solved by people on the internet, but this is a very special place. I like to stick around and talk, maybe giving my suggestions to others. You don't need to leave just because the site has no more help to offer you.

9. ZenMusic

I suppose. I just need a break from here, because, with all due respect to everyone here, there are other ways to relieve stress or to pen ideas.

10. Aro

Aro

I've spoken to you a few times, as I recall. Sad to see you go, but I am glad to see that you are taking your life with control, you know? I hope that your path leads you to awesome places and that if you decide to come back, you know that you have a home on the forums. Stay safe and be well! I wish you the best and good luck. c: