1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many rejections is enough?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by llamahoox, Mar 6, 2015.

1. llamahoox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know that asking 'how many rejections is enough', is kind of a hard question to answer as it would be different for every single person. For me personally, I have had a few in various different ways over the past couple of years....everything from "I like you too much as a friend to ruin what we have' to ' I know you too well know' to ' sorry, i cant make tonight' (over and over again) to "i'm sure we'll catch up when I get back from my trip...which I dont leave for for another 5 weeks yet'..and that sort of thing. I guess I am not really asking for any answers, more just a chance to get it off my chest and air my feelings---- that I really think there must be something very seriously and fundamentally wrong with me as a person that NO ONE sees me as anything more than a friend or someone to treat kindly whilst not wanting to say "I dont want to see you again'. makes me think that I am inherently 'wrong' in some way that I just don't know about and no one has teh guts to tell me what it is. I am not a bad person. I am kind and thoughtful, intelligent, creative, funny and caring...all the things people say they want...they just dont want them in me. Part of me absolutely believes that there really is a guy out there for me, it is just a question of when..but then I look in the mirror and I get my answer...and the answer to 'when' is 'never'. And this last 9 monhs or so it has been exacerbated by several of my friends all finding their soul mates and all truly in love..and I am genuinely happy for all of them and shed real tears of joy for them but part of me wishes that I too could be blessed with the same thing they have been blessed with....and then I remember that it is just not going to happen...not to someone like me....not to someone who is there for everyone when they want a shoulder to cry on...but not a shoulder they want to rest their head on and say 'I love you'.

Sorry for being morose, i just had to get it out there and off my chest. Thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Oh boy :frowning2: Don't worry, you'll find your own soul mate one day ! Think about karma, yours will be awesome :grin: