1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really stupid question, sorry :(

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Cutiepop, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Cutiepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Okay, first of all I wanna apologize for asking such a dumb question, I have an anxiety disorder (in therapy for and taking meds also) and this is my first real relationship so I've been very anxious.

I love my girlfriend so damn much, she is an angel and the light of my life, I am in love and love her beyond the stars, I never want to loose her or breakup with her. Anyway, for some stupid reason I have an obsession with my feelings when around her or talking to her. I am obsessed with always feeling good physically when I'm with her. I worry that if I don't feel some strong love/happiness feeling when we kiss or hold hands or when she does or says something romantic then that probably means I don't love her?

I always strive to feel good when we're together cause I keep worrying about the consequences of not feeling good and then it hit me that regular people don't draw a connection between bodily sensations/feelings and their relationships...

I just need some advice to get over this stupid fear of not feeling good, idk if anyone can make me understand how unwarranted my fears are.

2. JooBooGoo

Hi Cutiepop (awesome username by the way)!
    Well I'm probably not the best person to give advice on this topic scince I've only had fake relationships with girls I don't have feelings for.
    It sounds like so far you've tried to ignore this fear and it hasen't worked. Here's one thing you can do is to record these fearful feelings whenever you are with your GF and look dor any reapeating patterns.
    Another option (although I don't know of it will work in this case) is whenever you have these thoughts, is to say in your head several times "I like this feeling". It sounds weird but it has been proven to calm performance/stage fright, by tricking your brain into thinking things are good.
    I hope this helps! =D

3. ProudOfWhoIAM

I get that feeling too sometimes, My boyfriend makes me feel so happy and so special.

Always here if you need to talk just message me :slight_smile:

4. Cutiepop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks guys, i just don't know if it's natural not to always feel super happy and in love with my girlfriend? Or is that bad? I love heram awful lot

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First, there are no dumb questions.

Second, I don't think anyone feels in love in every moment they are with someone. A few lucky folks do, but most do not... particularly not after the oxytocin effect wears off (3-4 months into a relationship)