1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Worried and upset

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Mimsyblue, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Mimsyblue

Gosh, where to start...I guess a hello would be polite!
    Hello,
    My name's Louise and I could do with some advice or help or something...
    I am bi-sexual but I prefer the thought that I fall in love with a person not their gender or shell.
    I have slowly been getting to know a lady online with hope that in the future we would meet and see how things went. To start with it was going so well, we clicked and lost hours and hours talking but then things went amiss...

I think I have started to like my gay male friend and it seems to be reciprocated. At first it was just like a friendship, we work together so I would work with him and then meet up on his day off to bimble around, we text and chat lots. Recently I've thought we were getting closer like the start of something but I put it out of my head as just being close friends but then he started to hug me more, kiss my cheek, wink and behave in a different way, he has said things when we haven't been on the subject of relationships along the lines of if he was straight he would be with me, he'd ask me out, he'd be with me and paying more nervous compliments. Again I thought it was him being supportive and a good friend. In the last few weeks there have been moments after he hugs me where he's lingered as though about to kiss me and then pulled away, I thought it was in my head and shrugged it off along with the comments made by others about us being "a couple" because of the way we behave together, the way we watch each other.
    In the last couple of days however he's changed... On Thursday he couldn't stop touching me, he hugged me, stroked my back etc, on Friday he found ways to get me near so that he could cuddle me and then Saturday he was busy and away from me at work. I found that this upset me but gave myself a stern talking to. He gave me cuddles when we finished work, offered to take me for a drink and then changed his mind almost immediately and went home. Later that evening he messaged me lots, more than usual about really private things and told me that he he really liked me but it was in between a lot of things. Then yesterday he messaged almost constantly, he told me that he's thought about taking me in his arms and kissing me properly for a while and was very openly flirty and suggestive, he also said things like he couldn't wait to see me and about summer and us going out and about together etc. The awful thing is that I would like this, I've noticed I watch him more, think about him more, it seems to be naturally progressing into something...

But he's gay, he's never been with a woman. I don't know what to do about this. I love him as a friend and would do anything to keep him happy or make him smile but things seem to be changing and I don't understand if he's just lonely or confused. He doesn't really talk about things properly so I don't know how to broach what is going through his head.
    If anyone has any advice I would be so grateful as I'm losing sleep and worrying about this. He's my beautiful friend and I am scared it will go horribly wrong and lose him.
    Wishing you all a happy week, thank-you for your time. Xx

2. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It could be one of two things: Either he is actually bisexual, OR he really IS gay but you're his "exception".

Don't overthink it. Also don't force it. Sometimes two people get so close that they believe they're in love with each other. But actually they just feel so connected because they practically know what the other is thinking, and know every intimate detail about each other. I'm not saying disregard your feelings, but just err on the side of caution. The last thing you need is for things to become awkward, or go horribly wrong. Allow whatever it is to progress naturally. Let things work itself out. Just enjoy it for what it is, live in the moment. If it happens, let it. If it doesn't, forget it.

Good luck!!! (*hug*)

Oh, and welcome to EC!!! :slight_smile:

#2 Ruby Dragon, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015