1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to make friends ?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Otaku, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i'm in college and i have a couple of friends that go there with me , but these friends will go finish their studies in another country , so by the end of this year i'll have almost 0 IRL friends , and people arent really friendly in my college , like there's no chance ill be able to make other friends , im not really a shy person or anything , but im slightly flamboyant , and living in a homophobic country isnt really helping me , also is there any way to find other lgbtq people without having to go to night clubs ??('cause the only place i know where other lgbtq people hang out )

2. RainDreamer

Well, I don't know if a social pariah by choice like me can help you, but I will try.
    You can start by making acquaintances through class work, meeting people when you have to work in group. Or go to clubs - you have them in your college, right? If that fail, you can also try personal connections, like with family member and their group of friends, hanging out with them and see how things goes.

Just becareful and see how people react when faced with LGBT or feminism matters.

3. Otaku

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    most people in our college are antisocial and frankly they're just people i dislike (mostly because 99% of them are homophobic) , we do have clubs but as ijust said , the people of my college arent really that sociable , they avoid speaking to other people , and except for my brothers my other familly members are either too old or too young LOL

btw is there anyway to make internet lgbt friends ? like idk i think i'd rather have internet friends than IRL friends cause im kinda more out-going when it comes to talking to people when im behind my laptop screen

4. Feline

Feline Guest

Of course you can make internet friends, and I believe this forum is a great place to start. :slight_smile: Talk to people, make threads, post, play games, meet new users, etc.

As for real life friends, I'm afraid I can't give you much advice, I'm having trouble making and keeping friends in my own life. I'm a bit socially awkward...