1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

it's difficult to write

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Nychthemeron, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not physically. Physically, I'm fine with writing, but I can't seem to write in pencil unless absolutely necessary.

That's not bad until you consider the alternative is pen, and if I mess up in pen, which I do, I have to tear out the entire page and rewrite it. With pen. Even if I'm half-way done. If I don't, it bothers me a lot, and usually, I can overcome it.

But I'm considering a "happy book" -- you know, a book you put happy stuff in. It sounds like a super good idea, but the point of it is to make me happy, not stressed out when I see pen mistakes or pencil inside.

I considered printing out everything, but, hey, ink's expensive and I would like it to be mobile... which, I could put on a mobile phone, but I can't use that during school, and I'd like that to be possible as well.

I know it sounds really stupid, and I'm not sure why it bothers me so much, but does anyone have any suggestions? On how to deal with being fine with my mistakes, with a pencil, or how to do the book, it doesn't really matter.

Thanks in advance.

2. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Could you use an erasable pen? I haven't used them myself, but could be an option.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    They don't make such nice marks as regular pen (the line is sort of weak/spotty) but this seems like a good alternative. Or mechanical pencils<< I like them a lot. Be sure to get 0.7 lead, because 0.5 breaks way too easily.

4. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Argentwing pretty much got it with the erasable pens, haha.

Mechanical pencils are a definitely alternative. I guess I shouldn't be so damn picky, but, uh, yeah.

If anyone has any other suggestions, that would be cool. I don't really know if there are any other options, though, and I'll probably end up caving in and using pen and just being really careful about it. Or make doodles out of my mistakes. Or something.

Thanks you two, I really appreciate it. =)

5. Feline

Feline Guest

Ah, perfectionism... lovely yet stressful curse.

I think what you mentioned is a great idea, making doodles out of your mistakes, seeing an opportunity to create instead of limiting yourself. :slight_smile: Or that's what I used to do with my drawings, it helped me. I'm sure a happy book will be enriched with doodles.

If what you mean is doing your own book from scratch, you can do it very simple like this. Or it you'd prefer something more elaborate, maybe this. There are many tutorials online.

Best of luck with your writing! ♥

6. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Write with a pencil at first, then fill it in with a pen? I have the same problem myself, I start to cry if I mess up too eheh, that's how I solve it and it works fine for me :slight_smile:
    I also want to wish you good luck and happiness! :slight_smile:

7. RainDreamer

I don't know if I should feel being young for only ever use an electronic device to write for the last...5 years? Can't remember the last time I touch a pen outside of signing my name.

That said, I think you should leave the mistakes in. as long as it is not ruining the whole book. Perfect happiness looks very fake. Have some little error here and there wouldn't ruin anything.

8. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not exactly sure if I would consider it perfectionism, but, thank you a lot! I will definitely take a look at those links, even if I'm not really... artsy. =)

That's a good idea! I'll try that, thank you! =D

Judging from your age, I'd consider you young even if you wrote with a quill, haha.

You're right about the "perfect happiness", but... it's not exactly perfection I'm aiming towards. It's very hard to explain. My room is messy as hell and I don't care if there's fringe on my paper or if my a looks more like an o... you know?

I will try to leave some in this time, just, you know, to try it out. Thank you. =)