1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by My True Self, Mar 10, 2015.

1. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My mom banned me from talking to my cousin after I came out. Now I'm not allowed to tell anyone else that I'm Gay. (Or as she puts it "That you're so confused and dumb you think you're Gay, which you're not. You didn't even think about this before you're Gay Cousin moved nearby".) What should I do? I want to come out and I want to be able to talk to my cousin again.

2. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm sorry you're going through something like this. Does your school have a counsellor you'd feel comfortable talking to, or an LGBT group that you could go to?

3. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm homeschooled and all LGBT groups are considered "Inappropriate." all of a sudden.

4. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow, ok. Is there anyone in your family (besides your cousin) who you think might be more supportive than your mom? What would the punishment be if you told your relatives and went against her wishes?

5. My True Self

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't know of any other relatives that could help and the punishment fir coming out to someone is not seeing or talking to them anymore. (To the point of not going to a store or town because they live/work there. )

#5 My True Self, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  6. Ophelia

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I sorry, I can't think of any way to help you right now, other than to suggest that you call/email one of the LGBT support hotlines. They have trained councillors that can give you real advice, unfortunately I don't know if it's ok to post a link to them here, but you can find them with a simple websearch. Good luck.(*hug*)
    I'll keep trying to come up with more ideas.

7. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

I believe it is okay to post information about sites for support, just not dating/hookup/social sites.

GLBT National Help Center <--- Youth Talkline for support

I'm sorry your parents are being unreasonable. Having to sneak around to be who you want to be is no way to live your life. Unfortunately, that is where you are right now. Find safe outlets, and friends to talk with.