1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No lesbian friends

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by whitetiger321, Mar 12, 2015.

1. whitetiger321

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a 20 year old lesbian and live with my parents. I can't leave my house (until I move out completely) so I'm pretty much stuck in my room. My parents are very strict about me leaving the house and they don't actually even know I'm gay. I've never met a lesbian in real life or had a lesbian friend online. Basically I'm asking for some tips on how to get to know another lesbian/s I can talk with (online) so I don't have to feel so alone. I know there's general forums like this one but I'd like to discuss about hobbies and daily life in a slightly more personal way. I don't know if this is a stupid question but I'm just clueless about how to get friends etc. :eusa_doh:

Thanks for any replies.

2. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

It isn't a stupid question. You're human.
    I think you can start making some new friends over here, on EmptyClosets. If you're looking for friends on internet...I don't know how it can be useful of if it is really safe, because people don't have the spirit of support that, instead, you can find on EC.

(I noticed you have only one post, so you're new among us! Welcome! :slight_smile:)

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Try posting threads about your interests and if anyone replies you can chat about them on eachother's walls.

4. blueberrykisses

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How can your parents dictate what you do if you're 20? :astonished:

5. cherry tree

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I don't have any personal experience with this but I hear lots of people make friends on Tumblr. If you find friends on the internet, just remember to be safe!

Otherwise, do you go to school/university/work? Maybe you can find new (lesbian) friends there or you can ask your friends if they have any lgbt friends.