1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on cheating?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Hopeful, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Hopeful

I know several people (young men in their late/early 20's) who have girlfriends and cheat on them or consider doing so. Basically, what are your thoughts on being the girl on the other side? I am a little ashamed to admit that I did help one of those guys cheat on his girlfriend.

I keep asking myself: is it really bad to get mixed up in this? I don't know the girlfriend and won't ever meet her and it was more of a fun thing that happened than any sort of relationship between the guy and I. Or, because he was planning to cheat on her anyway, is it really that bad?

I know what my views on this are, but am curious as to what other people think?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is extremely bad, as you are hurting (or helping on hurting) someone. Cheating is one of the worst things a person can do. It is an abominable act, and no one deserves to be cheated on.

I don't want to sound rude, but you were wrong. If you knew he had a girlfriend, you have as much fault on this as he do. It doesn't matter if you don't know her.

If he was planning on cheating anyway, it is his problem, and his fault. If someone is planning to assault someone anyway, it doesn't mean you can help this person without guilt.

There is a thread opening about this, with a pool and some discussion on this. Check it out.

http://emptyclosets.com/forum/chit-chat/171348-how-bad-cheating-committed-relationship.html

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2015 at 06:46 PM ----------

I'm a bit sleepy, and i think i didn't make myself clear enough on this post ^

As i said, i don't want to sound rude. This is my view of cheating, my personal opinion.

I'm not saying you are a horrible person for doing that, of course not. I understand that, in my opinion, you made a mistake, and, if you are ashamed of it, you know what you did isn't right, and it is great that you can see that. Most people can't admit they were wrong.

My first post was harsh. I'm really fanatic in terms of cheating, but that didn't justify the way i wrote my post, even if it reflects my opinion correctly. I apologize if i offended you.

#2 Chiroptera, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  3. stylesgirl

Well I have no experience personally in my own relationships but my father did cheat on my mother with another woman whom he left her for... and then came back to my mother and lived with us again after it was "over" only for her to show up at our door a year later saying that they were still seeing each other.... four years later, my parents are still going through a messy divorce...

It is a horrible thing to cheat on somebody. If you're not happy in a monogamous relationship then don't be in one. Don't betray your partner's trust, loyalty, and love like that... On the other side, if you're the one the cheater is cheating with and you know that he's cheating, why would you want to help somebody hurt their partner.... like it'd be different if you didn't know and he was lying to you saying that he was single but come on... it takes two to tango.