1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't like kissing and I'm told that's weird

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by KayJay, Mar 15, 2015.

1. KayJay

So I've never really been into kissing, I've done all sorts of other sexual type stuff though. I don't really have a problem with sex at all. The thing is kissing makes me feel weird and sort of gross. I don't like how it feels when the other person is breathing on me, I don't like how it makes my lips dry, it just doesn't feel right to me.

I've been told that is weird and that people I'm with won't like that. I kiss my boyfriend really just because he likes it but I wish I didn't have to.

I don't know what to do, is there a way to get over this or am I just being weird? I don't want people to not want to be with me because I don't like kissing. Is anyone else like this? I just need opinions and advice.

2. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi, I feel exactly the way you do. I am happy to do a lot of other sexual stuff but for some reason kissing just feels strange. Like you I have found it difficult because most of my partners like kissing and feel like im not investing in them emotionally because I won't kiss them.
    I haven't exactly "got over" the issue but with my last partner I just explained what it was that I didn't like and told them that I wanted to be the one to initiate kissing if it ever happened. Ask them to take the pressure off of you and allow you to decide when and if you want to do it. Explain to them that just because you don't like kissing, it isn't because you don't care for them or find them unattractive.
    Hopefully over time you might get used to it but if you really don't like it then don't do it. If they really care about you, they will want to be with you for who you are and not what you do.
    If they really have a problem with it, offer them something better to forget about the kissing :wink:

3. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i prefer kissing on sex actually
    though not everybody is the same you are free to do whatever you want girl ^_^

4. anonym

anonym Guest

I've never kissed anyone before but I really don't think I'd like it. I get grossed out easily. I think that's all it is. Sorry I can't offer any advice. Just wanted to say you're not the only one.

5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never kissed anyone and I think it's a little weird (kissing, that is) but I think it's because I'm afraid of it getting messy, like saliva-y. I think French kissing is really gross! Then again maybe I feel this way because I haven't kissed anyone.

6. MonsterAnarchy

It's a little uncommon, but i wouldnt say "weird". And tbh, when youre kissing someone, you shouldnt have to feel their breath... Like... When i kiss my life partner, we dont breathe while we kiss when its a peck or a simple kiss like 2-3 seconds. When we intensely make out, i cant tell if im breathing or not... and i dont know if he's breathing either. I really dont notice these things when im kissing him. Maybe youre thinking too much about the kiss? Imagining all the details in the kiss and it makes you think kissing is distasteful? I dont know. Maybe you can just clear your mind when you kiss him. Try that maybe? If it doesnt work, then dont worry about it c: EVERYONE have different likes and dislikes that others might find unusual.

7. stylesgirl

I've kissed three boys in my lifetime and each one has been dissatisfying. First was way to much saliva. Second was way too much tongue. Third was way too much teeth.

8. Theron

You know, I think everyone has personal preferences about love, romance, and sex.

Even people who like kissing don't like to be kissed in certain ways or in certain places. My fiance likes to kiss my scars for some god forsaken reason. I can't even stand to have them touched.

9. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

My boyfriend has expressed he doesn't "like" kissing, but on deeper questioning, he's just never kissed anyone before, so the idea is unappealing to him. Saliva and breath issues. I just have to roll my eyes a bit on the inside (you'll shove my ____ in there, but not my tongue.) He also thinks of it as more intimate then anal sex (which blows my mind.)

But, I'm cool with it, I told him, you either likes things or don't, just give things a fair shot if you haven't tried it before. He seemed to thoroughly enjoy me kissing his neck and chest, every time I hit his lips he closes them tight, and he giggles whenever I try to french him.

It's so f'in cute and adorable.

10. Lunastel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not weird. It's just how you feel. :slight_smile: