1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Life is passing me by

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Vesalius, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been at university for 2 years and I don't have any friends. I sit at home night after night and just sleep of watch tv shows monotonously. I'm failing my degree and just feel like a complete failure. Old school friends my age are getting engaged and having children and starting amazing new jobs and I'm just stuck where I am going backwards and failing at life. I don't know what to do. Has anyone been in this position and turned their life around. I don't want to be sad and lonely anymore. I know I don't have a mental health issue because all my depression is circumstantial. Any advice would really be appreciated :slight_smile:

2. Jellal

One thing that might help you is to set goals for yourself. If you have ambitions, what steps could you take to reach them? Are there specific things you want to do in life while you're alive? Something as simple as a list of your dreams could get you more excited about your future, and then when you start working toward accomplishing those dreams (which is the most critical step of this plan) you may find yourself more satisfied with your existence.