So I met up with the girl i'd been talking to for like 3-4 months in real life (read)

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ChloeKiss, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I met her over the weekend.. It went well! But it's such a shame.. I believed we were meant to be but we just didn't feel that ''spark'' i've been crying over it for a few days and I am beside myself.. We still adore eachother so much but I just can't let go of how perfect we seemed for eachother! And how perfect she was and still is to me!!! I feel terrible. I wish I could turn back time. I swear things would have been different if we just gave it time. It's driving me nuts thinking about whether it was something we said wrong.. or if I was just too cut off emotionally because we were too struck by meeting for the first time. I hate admitting it but I feel like I need to.. I can't get over how perfect we seemed for eachother! I adore her still and she adores me too.. It may not be there when we're right next to eachother but I swear it just needed time. I can't let her go! I miss her. She misses me. It's so fucking unfair! I've cried a few times over it already.. and I can't bear to live without knowing she still cares. I don't want her to feel guilty and we've talked about this but she can't help but feel bad. I am the same though! It sucks for both of us. We were really upset on the Saturday night after dinner and had a very emotional talk.. cuddling and touching hands/fingers.. We decided we just felt platonic.. But we are going to remain awesome friends. I still can't get over it.. we were so cute together! She was my everything.. She was what I woke up smiling about.. I still wake up and think about her all the time! I can't bear to lose her! She's the most gorgeous girl in the world to me. And when I was cuddling her I kept telling her how far she was going to go in life.. and we were just so tearful. It was so hard!

I simply don't know what to do with myself EC. I want to die. Or at least just disappear until I meet that girl of my dreams! But I believed and still do believe that we were/are perfect for eachother! I can't let her go! And what sucks the most is though it's painful knowing it didn't work.. I still care. I don't regret meeting her.. it just hurts in so many ways! I am always going to adore her and worship the ground she walks on.. and she will likely do the same but.. It just hurts so much knowing we can't be together in the way we had hoped! We truly believed we were meant to be. Please give me some advice. I need it :cry:

Thank You. x

2. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Re: So I met up with the girl i'd been talking to for like 3-4 months in real life (r

Anyone? Not trying to be pushy! I could use some comfort and advice though!

3. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Re: So I met up with the girl i'd been talking to for like 3-4 months in real life (r

Is there any reason you can't meet up again and see if it's possible to create a spark? If you both cared so much about each other before meeting, I think it's pretty likely you put a lot of pressure on yourselves to hit it off immediately in person and when that didn't happen worry probably took over right away. Obviously you know how you felt at the time much better than I can theorize, but I certainly think there's a chance.

4. tulipinacup

I think it's great that you still remain friends or rather connected to each other. Clearly you are crazy over this girl but can you tell that one thing or reason why you guys don't have the "spark" ?

I'm sorry you're having a bad day but I do want to see you happy too.

5. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

That must have been a difficult decision. For what it's worth, it takes courage to see the situation realistically. You'll feel better in time, as the love chemicals wear off. Different people deal with heartache, in different ways, so I'm not too sure how to advise you on that. Some bounce right back into dating, some listen to emotional music and pour out their feelings, some draw pictures, some enjoy increased personal time and spoil themselves, some spend more time with their friends and talk about it, and one can do several or more of these actions.

Friendship is still a type of relationship, and now you and her have a special understanding of each other. You haven't really lost her.

6. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

There isn't much of a reason besides the distance (6 hour drive) But yeah we are going to be friends still.. i'm not planning on cutting contact with her anytime soon. Thank you for your answer!

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2015 at 09:58 PM ----------

I think it may have been just.. a bit overwhelming for us.. plus we didn't have much planned besides dinner and.. it just wasn't right. I wish we spent more time together. I'll have to travel down there again one day.. Thank you big brother :wink: xx

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2015 at 09:59 PM ----------

Thank you so much! You are so right.. friendship is still a relationship. No I definitely haven't lost her thank god. We are going to skype on Friday to talk more about it.

7. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

I'm sorry things didn't go according to plan but you done really well to have the confidence to meet with her.
    You know you are like a little sister to me and I just want you to be happy and safe. Please contact me on my wall if you need anything and I'll try to help you mate

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Nawww :slight_smile: I've got two brothers.. of course! I will for sure chat to you when i'm ready.. I'll drop by sometime soon to check up on you! Thanks David! (*hug*) x

9. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Sorry if I repeat something someone above said. But I would try to meet up with her again maybe I a more relaxed environment for both of you. Maybe do a movie ight and cook dinner or something one on one so you can get to know each other more. Meeting someone for the first time especially after you are trying to have a relationship with them isn't going to be easy because you have so many expectations and want to make it perfect. Maybe try having a date night at home and see if you can be more open then.

10. CuriousArticles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Hey Chloe :slight_smile: I agree with mobrien. Meeting in person is a big deal, and very different to other kinds of communication. For me it's almost like starting all over again, but already knowing loads about someone. See her more casually with less pressure. Let an in person relationship/friendship develop and see how it goes.

Sometimes you will only be friends, but see her a few times before you despair over it all :slight_smile:

11. robclem21

Dinner is a lot of pressure, especially on a first date. You essentially feel the need to maintain a great conversation without awkward pauses or any sort of discontinuation when that's just not true. That's usually why I recommend something fun with less conversation for a first date. Something where you obviously get to talk to each other but with something else to do to provide a fun break from the conversation.

If you obviously care so much about each other it is definitely worth another try. I usually think 3-4 dates is fair before deciding you don't have any chemistry with someone. Nerves can be a big barrier to good conversation and sometimes in a more relaxed environment you will both be more comfortable. I would give it another go personally.

12. Wildside

Wildside Guest

I know that nothing makes the pain go away, but you can be grateful for the friendship, and the good times that you have shared together. (&&&)