1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm scared, but am I overeacting?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by gleewarblergirl, Mar 17, 2015.

1. gleewarblergirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I was kinda joking around with two of my friends and we were saying how girl A was destined to be with this guy John. She was denying it and I said, "The only way I will except that Joran (that's their ship name) isn't gonna happen is if one of you turns out to be gay." She laughed and said, "Okay then I'm gay." it was obvious she was joking because a) she was laughing and b) she currently has a boyfriend. I said, "me too" She laughed and said, "we can be gay together! just kidding I'm not gay." I said, "I'm not." she laughed again and I said, "I'm actually not kidding" she was very confused as to whether or not I was joking. Eventually she got that I wasn't joking although girl B was still confused and Girl A had to tell her I wasn't joking. I then said something along the lines of, "I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell anyone." and then she was still laughing and shouts, "Rose is lesbian!" there were only a few people who could hear but those people I DEFINITELY didn't want to hear. Obviously I was upset. She defended herself with the fact that they probably thought she was joking. Especially sense she was laughing. but I kinda freaked out so that may have given it away. I'm scared because The people around us are both extremly judgemental and quite popular so it could get around the school in no time. I'm just scared. but they might have thought she was joking, am I overreacting?

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    First, bitch-slap that friend of yours xD

And yeah, a girl laughing and saying that you're a lesbian wouldn't be taken seriously. Even if someone were to actually doubt your orientation... Just say that she was teasing you. They don't have any proof of you being lesbian :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Not to mention that you're only 14, thus people tend to think that you can't have caught the gay at that age.

You're probably overreacting, it's easy to get it covered.