1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purpose of Life

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by kellynec, Mar 18, 2015.

1. kellynec

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'd just like to ask something

Ever since I discovered I am a LGBTQ person, I've suffered from severe/chronic depression. Everyday I wake up, there's no purpose of my life, I feel, yet I keep doing my job (studying-->I'm a highschool student). I don't have anyone who I socialize with except a few people because it's not fun to be around me, I think. I would love to be able to adapt, but the situation has become so bad that it's been absorbing all my energy.
    I don't even want to live this life any more. I'm 100% sure that I'm either bi or gay, which isn't wrong, but it just isn't suitable for me. It's not that I want to kill myself, otherwise I would have grabbed my knife and put an end to my life. But I haven't done this.

So I'm 100% sure that I've suffered from severe depression, I have no goals in life.
    What's the right thing to do in a situation like this? I can't seem to enjoy anything however hard I try to.

Also, can I live a life without being reliant on any kind of sexual/romantic relationship even though I am not asexual/aromantic...

Can someone please help?

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

You should go and see a therapist about this.The people here on this website are awesome and supportive but talking to someone via the net won't do anything against something so severe as depression.
    Also depression usually has more than one reason and the reason is most likely somewhere inside you.Search for a good therapist that you feel comfortable talking too, they don't bite and it can hellp a great deal.

3. BUHgofp8

BUHgofp8 Guest

I agree, it's a good idea to talk to a therapist. You can live a life without any kind of sexual/romantic relationship but it doesn't sound to me like you want to live without one, or you wouldn't even ask. It's not a bad idea to try and find things to keep you occupied, think about where you want to be in life and work towards that and I think it will help you feel better, but overall, I'm not a therapist, like has already been stated a good therapist can probably help you more than anyone on here.

4. MisterTinkles

If you aren't interested in sex, then whats the problem?

That's one issue that can be ignored and placed on the "back shelf".
    Why dwell on whether "you are or you aren't", if sex doesn't interest you?

Focus on bettering your life, figuring out your goals, where you want to be 5 years from now and each step on how to get to that point.

That is something you can work on....a 5 year plan. Get on the pc, open up a Word doc and start planning. Make it linear and make it definable. Set your goals and then set the actions to get to those goals.

And even when you do get your 5 year plan set in print......it isn't in stone. Changes happen everyday and you can adjust your goals to meet with your new changes in life.

You are still young and in high school. You are just starting to go through the time of your life where you are changing from child to adult.

Changes are going to start happening......in order to keep order in your life, you need to plan out what you want to do, where you want to go, and what kind of life you want for yourself.

Think, plan, act.

5. RainDreamer

Cut down your life to smaller chunks, it helps me with my depression because I only have to think about what I am about to do in the next day or next week, instead of looking at the looming problems of years ahead and be overwhelmed. It does screw up a bit with your long term planning, but it is a coping mechanism that works for me. Have friends and other people in your life that you can depend on and keep you on track helps too.