1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Words hurt

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by choirsmash, Mar 20, 2015.

1. choirsmash

Okay so I was on the bus today (I never go on the bus, but early dismissal..) and there were a lot of people who usually aren't on. While they were trying to figure out seats they said "Mike can sit up there, he's gay as hell" and then Mike got on and went to sit in his usual seat and they told him he was a faggot and to sit somewhere else. The entire bus ride they continued to use the words gay, queer, and faggot as derogatory terms. I just sat there silently hurting because even though they weren't directed towards me, I felt the pain. Mike isn't even gay (at least, that I know of). I wanted to say something but I knew if I did it would turn on me. I don't want to make my senior year any more miserable than it already is. I don't really know how to deal with this stuff. This isn't the only instance. At my school, people are so hypocritical when it comes to these words. One day, they'll tell you not to use it because it's offensive, but then the next day they'll use it wrong. I'm just so tired of hearing "that's so gay", "what a fucking faggot", and "stop being such a queer" thrown around in the hallways every day.

2. thatsme

Out Status:
    A few people
    That sucks, in my school even some teachers use gay as an insult sometimes... As for the students everyone throws around gay and lesbian as an insult all the time. I used to correct them when I first got into the school, but now I'm scared because I got made fun of.