1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do i do?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ProudOfWhoIAM, Mar 20, 2015.

1. ProudOfWhoIAM

Guys, Got a problem,
    Me and my boyfriend don't seem to have anything to talk about when we skype, is this a bad problem?:bang: He doesn't seem to be interested in the things i want to talk about:help: :frowning2:
    I don't know what to do.
    If anyone has advice it would be much appreciated

2. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I've had similar issues with my best friend. We now live a couple hours away, and it only feels when we meet in person do we find lots to talk about. Staring at a screen we just rehash old conversations or interests.

Assuming you get to see your boyfriend on a regular basis (or even if you don't) I wouldnt worry. Sometimes the disconnect of a computer screen can be offputting.

I have been trying something new by writing letters and sending them in the mail. I personally love getting letters in the mail because I so rarely get anything except junk.

Compare your online connection to your real life interactions and then reassess.

3. ProudOfWhoIAM

We see eachother when we can as its Long Distance.
    It's very hard atm. But we will pull through.
    We do send each other mail every now and then,
    Thank you for the advice

4. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How long have you been together?

5. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    The thing about Skyping is that there's no new inspiration for ideas to form. When you actually hang out, you guys are in a different environment where you can comment on the simplest things and turn that into a deep conversation. Like for example you see a flash mob, or take a walk in a park, meet an old mutual friend, etc. That face-to-face meeting adds another element of spontaneity to your relationship. It seems to me the only solution, but it's not reasonable due to distance.
    Just be random lol....he already likes you. Try to impress him and act silly. He may be amused and it won't be old convos anymore. It's better to be awkward than boring :slight_smile:

6. Monraffe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Think back to the time when you were first getting to know each other. Back when you were trying to figure out what worked and what didn't. You didn't have trouble finding things to talk about then.

Bring about half of that back and mix it with a new half - a new half that is as though you don't know him anymore and you are trying to figure it all out all over again; the what works and what doesn't part again. Relationships work best when they maintain a dynamic mixture of nostalgia and infatuation.

My partner and I are frequently separated too. Long ago we formed this habit of not communicating when we are apart. I'm not exactly sure how that started, maybe because we are both very independent to begin with. By the time we do get back together I can't wait to see him. We go to a favorite restaurant and catch up. It's an odd mix of reconnecting and re-figuring each other out all over again. And in the middle of it all I have this urge to ask him, "Are you still mine?" I'm convinced the best way to keep a relationship fresh is to have enough faith to allow yourself to NOT know if it will end at any moment.

So next time you are talking to your man and silence falls on the conversation ask him if he wants to stop talking to you for a while. It might do your relationship some good.

#6 Monraffe, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  7. ProudOfWhoIAM

We have been dating for 5 months