1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need advice asap

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by fragileflame, Mar 21, 2015.

1. fragileflame

Okay so, my father is a baptists member so I am definitely not out. But he quit the church he was pastoring a few months ago and we haven't really been to church much since (best few months of my life) But, we are going to some church tomorrow that he might be working at soon and i don't know what to do. The idea of going back to church makes me feel terrible. I'm not even 15, so there is no way I can get out of it. It is just really frustrating going to a place where you know that no one there will ever really except who you are. It makes me so upset just thinking about it and I hate putting myself in a position like that. I just really need some advice on how to deal with this...it is almost 1am now and we have to leave at 8:30am. Watch I'll get no sleep and then look like crap while feeling like crap. Also, my day will just get better and better as it goes on. I get to go have lunch with a family from my old church (they really annoy me) and then I get to go visit my sister, who is in a hospital getting treated for her eating disorder. Which it really makes me sad to see her...so tomorrow is going to be a great day for me! :bang: :help:

2. fragileflame

Anyone? Please!

3. CrazyAwkward

I don't think I have much advice to give on this, unfortunately. Sometimes in life we have to do things that we really really really don't want to do. It seems like this is one of those times for you. There's no escaping any of the things you want to escape today. Life can be tough like that, but remember that you are tougher.

I'm sorry about your sister, btw. That must be really hard to deal with. I hope she gets well soon. As hard as it is, it's good that you're going to see her. I'm sure she will appreciate you being there for her.

4. RainDreamer

If you truly can't avoid it you just gotta go. Faking sick or such might work once, but it won't work long term, so you have to train yourself to pull through such things.

If you have a smartphone or such and your dad just want you to go without really care of what you do there, just waste away the time with it. You can also just use your imagination and day dream away through most of the unpleasant parts. If asked, just say you are worried about your sister.

You can also think about doing something to make your sister happier, make her laugh or something, so it is less sad.

5. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you don't want to go to church, I think you should say so. Refuse to go. Don't do something just because it will make your family happy if it makes YOU unhappy.

6. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am sorry about your situation. Being in a church filled with hate and surrounded by hateful family does not improve a relationship with christ and is the opposite of what God is all about. God created you in his image and he makes no mistakes. You were born gay and that is the way he created you to be. Heaven would be very empty place hadn't Jesus died on the cross for our sins. Also there are several interpretations and mistranslations in the bible and I strongly believe Christ never condemned homosexuals to hell. IF your heart is in Christ I strongly believe your heart will guide you in the right direction. I know it's hard but things will get better and I hope the best for you. God Bless you.

7. BUHgofp8

BUHgofp8 Guest

It sucks, I hated church too even though I was never forced to go that much. But yeah, not much you can do about as of now, unfortunately a lot of us have to spend a lot of time with people we don't like doing things we don't want to do. I dislike going to school pretty much the same reasons I disliked going to church, it's really not much different the way I see it except almost everyone is forced to go to school. I say just tough it out, I know people at church can be kind of crazy. My friend's mom used to force him to go to church every Wednesday and Sunday. She thought that a lot of the things he liked were satanic and she'd tell everyone in church about it so they'd walk up to him and hug him and be like "It's OK were praying for you" and nonsense like that. It's dumb you gotta go to a place that's a complete waste of time, but you do, so like I said just do your best to get through it. Either try to enjoy it or try to ignore it, whatever gets you through the day faster.