1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Military before Transition

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by jeepchick506, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jeepchick506

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I ship our at the end of the summer. I plan to transition after 6 or 8 years enlisted. Male to female. I don't know what else to say as it is very late but any advice from people who know or were or are LGBT in the military would be greatly appreciated. Also, advice for coming out to family. Came our to family as in aunts, uncles, and cousins. Got support from all families except one down south and my own. Have 2 down south, rest are in Northeast with me. My mom thought she failed as a parent till I enlisted (I've always wanted to serve anyway) how do I deal with her when I get out? My stepdad is OK with it as is my dad. Any support or advice is much appreciated, thank you all. - <3Lilly <3

2. RainDreamer

If it is the US military, there has been changes going on, so I think you will probably be fine. Best of luck to you. I would be extremely dysphoric if I got drafted to the military here and have them try "making me a man". I might just suicide out of all that. But I think you will be fine there.