1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kissing advice?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by EastOfEden, Mar 24, 2015.

1. EastOfEden

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've made out with people before, but things were a blur, and i had no idea what I was doing. I've considered asking some friends, one of which actually demonstrated with another friend (platonically) when they weren't getting the gist of it. Last time kissed a girl I became a wreck afterwards, because I felt like I was lying to myself, and I just fell apart that night. I've gotten VERY close to making out multiple times lately, and I could very likely have gone further, but I always back out at the last second fearing that they will find my kissing gross and incompetent.

2. Lyana

You shouldn't! Kissing someone more experienced/less experienced is fun, too. Sometimes it's also about the person, not just the way they kiss -- I have a friend who never felt a "spark" with a guy, but acknowledged he was the best kisser she knew.
    Anyway, if you're "inexperienced," then once your lips have touched let the other one take the lead and copy whatever they do if you feel comfortable doing so. Err on the side of "too soft" rather than "too aggressive" -- you'd rather have your partner lean forward to kiss you harder, than back away from you! And don't overthink it, since that'll take all the pleasure out of it.
    It's kind of hard to be "gross" about kissing, unless you really put a lot of clumsy tongue (and some people like even that). And "incompetent" has its own charm. Plus, you learn quickly.

There's nothing wrong with "practicing" with a friend, but you don't need to, especially if you don't really want to.