1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gross feelings after inadvertently seeing photos of Ex

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by LibraryKitten, Mar 28, 2015.

1. LibraryKitten

Out Status:
    Some people
    So yesterday my university had its annual formal dance event for juniors. I didn't go, but a large group of people I used to hang out with did, so of course today they posted all the pictures they took. Lo and behold, there was my ex's face staring back at me from my screen. Thanks facebook, it's not like he raped me and I blocked him so I'd never have to see his face again, or anything like that. I was not prepared to see him again, and I'm worried this will only keep happening if I want to keep up with my other friends. Facebook doesn't seem to have a setting that effectively keeps just those photos from showing up on my news feed, if my friends happen to post them. Unless it does and I just haven't found it anywhere? I can't be the only survivor whose mutual friends have no idea. Anyway I mostly just needed to vent about that.

2. Cesar123

You know one of the greatest lessons i've learned is forgiveness and letting go of the past. I was actually molested by a family member when I was around 7 and as you can guess I grew up blaming him for my sexual orientation ( gay ). I was likewise enraged that he ever got caught for it and went on without any punishment. This guy was also close to our family! So you can imagine how awkward and horrible it felt when he was around. It took me a long time to seperate my sexual orientation and my past, which ultimately lead to acceptance and forgiving this man. Now I can honestly say he does not bother me and I actually consider him family.
    Moral of the story. If you can find it in your heart to forgive ( not for him but for you ), it better you so much more in the long run.

3. headie2infinity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    When I was in high school I was raped by a guy I was first starting to date. I was black out drunk and he took advantage of me and went around telling the whole school we had sex and then 2 days later he broke up with me. I told a few friends of the circumstances but truly no one believed me. So I left it at that, I figured hell, whatever it happened and at least I was drunk and don't remember it. However, what I should of done is understood that even you are in a relationship you must consent to sex. I should of told my parents or a guidance counselor but I didn't. I wasn't my time with friends who were my age that had no authority to do anything about it.

Fast forward 5 years and I'm in a relationship with the guy I am still currently with (2 years later). I applied for a new job and got a position for a company and loan behold. The same guy that date raped me worked there. To make matters worse, my boyfriend got a position at the same company and worked side by side with this man. I hated him but didn't want to show it at work. I told my boyfriend what happened and he respected me for it and became wary of him as well but still treated him with respect due to work. HOW EMBARRASSING. I felt like I was being made a mockery all over again. Let me just say I wish I could of gone back and said something to someone who could of done something at the time. But now it is way to late, and I've accepted it. But I will never let another person have to go through what I went through. Please find someone who has authority to do something about this.

---------- Post added 28th Mar 2015 at 11:10 PM ----------

Also, I have found self acceptance, and I have forgiven this person now that it is in my past. That is something that is very important as well.

4. blaziken25

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel disgusting whenever I think about my ex. So you're not alone there :/