1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you ever want to be of different gender? Just to have a chance.

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Dalmatian, Mar 30, 2015.

?

Did you ever want to be of different gender? Just to have a chance.

1. Yes, all the time

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  2. Yes, often

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Yes, it happened a few times

11 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. No

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  1. Dalmatian

Have you ever wanted to be of opposite gender (if you traditionally classify yourself as male or female) not because you felt out of place, but because you wanted that feeling of hope and possibility and the person of your interest to be interested in you? In short, to have a chance?

There's a guy I work with. Of course he's straight. Of course he's beautiful. And he's open and smart and simply a joy to be around, a neverending torrent of optimism and smiles. Obviously, I'm in hell now.

He was away for a few weeks (a business trip) and today he got back. I was expecting him and was happy that he's coming back, but when he came.. well it's just a painful reminder of how unreachable he is to me.

His girlfriend works with us as well. I saw them leave the office, then watched them as they walked away towards her car and then drove away for the lunch break. I watched with pain and resentment. Resentment towards her.. and I know how bad that is :frowning2:

See, I never wanted to be a woman.. I always very easily identified as a male and I'm comfortable in my body.
    However, this morning, in anticipation of his return, in that hazy predawn time when you are kind of awake, but dreams are still possible, I was entertaining myself with the thought about what it would be like to be a girl, to be interesting to him, to such guys. I never was.

#1 Dalmatian, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  2. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Different gender just to have a chance? not really. I want to be someone she needs.

3. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No way. I'm glad of that too.

4. Cesar123

Honestly I wanted to be the opposite gender not for an identy but just the ability to keep my sexual orientation and not have to deal with coming out and homophobia. Kinda over it now but occasionally if I experience some homophobia, it will pop back into my mind.

5. guitar

It might be neat to wake up with a woman's body for a day and try a few things out, but the thought has honestly never crossed my mind. :|

6. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Oh yes!
    But I would totally dig chicks if I were a girl :lol:
    I'm pretty comfortable with being a male anyway.

7. ChameleonSoul

This is what I was thinking. It might be interesting to see the world the point of view of another sex for a few days just to see what it would be like. However I still very much feel male so I wouldn't want this to be anything permanent. And to answer the original question, no, I would never change my gender to have a chance with someone.

8. Dalmatian

Ah, now.. the problem with having a clear idea of what you want to say is that sometimes you don't consider the possibility of it sounding different than what you thought of..

I was definitely talking about something non-permanent. Actually, I was talking about the imagination only. I wouldn't want to not be male, it's just that I would like to have that chance of him liking me.

Yes, a day or two would be fun..

9. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Not really, since the relationship would be a lie. Also, I dislike and am turned off by straight women anyway. I cannot stand heterosexual relationships or dynamics and would rather find someone who follows the queer dynamics rather than chase after straight people.

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't and never have wanted to actually be a man but there are certain perks that are appealing: not shaving certain body parts, no period, no bra shopping, make more money in the working world.

Sometimes I get a little jealous but at the end of the day I'm happy to not have a penis:slight_smile:

11. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I was a girl I would totally want to be a lesbian.

12. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I assume you really mean sex. Since apparently gender is mental, it would make no difference if my mental gender suddenly became female in terms of having a chance with straight men. That said, a few times I've thought it would be nice to have a female body since I could be with straight men :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: but otherwise being a male is fine.

13. claiire

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Never to be with someone, but I do occasionally think "if I was a man I would-" kind of thoughts. I think anyone would be crazy not to take the chance to switch gender for a day if they could- just to see what it's like!

14. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A few times.

I'm confortable being a man, but i wouldn't mind being a woman. Both look interesting.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If my appearance matched how I identify, the world would be mine.

End of story.

So yes, I do wish to be a different gender sex.